What is A prim?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2536 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This question does take me back. A guy at a place I used to visit when I first started SL mentioned that he had some apartments to rent. That sounded like a great idea; I could actually log on in my own space with a little privacy (apparently I was really into skinny-dipping back then because I always seemed to log in wearing little or no clothing), so I asked how much they were. He asked me how many prims I needed. I actually managed not to blurt out, "What's a Prim?" but I was of course without a clue. I just mumbled something about having to think about that and let it go. I soon made possibly the first of a great many visits to Google on a search for information.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dillon Levenque said:

I soon made possibly the first of a great many visits to Google on a search for information.

I honestly do not know how I even managed to survive growing up without Google.  These days, I'm pretty sure that not a single day goes by that I'm not searching Google for something.

7 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I honestly do not know how I even managed to survive growing up without Google.  These days, I'm pretty sure that not a single day goes by that I'm not searching Google for something.

You're right, but I should have made myself more clear. I researched SL on Google, and there is a wealth of knowledge there. Also because of the way Google works you can type, "What is a prim in Second Life" and get answers. Sometimes learning that way is better, or at the least way faster, than taking courses. You'll no doubt learn way more in the latter, however.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Dillon Levenque said:

You're right, but I should have made myself more clear. I researched SL on Google, and there is a wealth of knowledge there. Also because of the way Google works you can type, "What is a prim in Second Life" and get answers. Sometimes learning that way is better, or at the least way faster, than taking courses. You'll no doubt learn way more in the latter, however.

Unfortunately many are not aware that the majority of questions about SL are answered by Google search. And also forum search. Making them aware is empowering. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2536 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.