Firestorm Viewer AO problem with crouch

Sylvia Wasp

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2548 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hello, 

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum, I looked for a while and couldn't find anything specific to Firestorm.  This is also a non-technical question, so don't give me grief for my phrasing, and no lectures from the boys in the room about how I'm doing everything wrong ... ok?  :-)  

Okay, so I'm on a Mac and it used to be that pressing the Fn + Up would make me do a handstand, and pressing the Fn + Dwn would make me crouch.  Super handy!  

Since I started using the Firestorm built in AO last year, both of those functions are gone, but I don't see anywhere in the AO interface where I can trigger a crouch or a handstand, (probably because FN+Dwn now equals "fly").   I can do without the handstands, but crouching is hard to leave in the past.  

Is there nowhere in the Firestorm AO where I can click a button to crouch?  A keyboard shortcut?  

6 answers to this question

Sylvia, I take exception to your characterization of the inworld Firestorm support group.  The moderators/volunteer helpers are far from being "dismissive bullies".  Neither are most of the ordinary group members who hang out there and also offer advice.

• Like 5

I have absolutely no idea.

Are you joined to the Firestorm group in world? You probably/possibly will get the right answer here on forums, but don't forget to ask in world in the Firestorm group (if you are not joined to it, it is listed in my profile).

Edited by Marigold Devin
needed to close the brackets
  • Like 1

I generally use "WASD" to walk around and c= crouch. In firestorm, there is also a "toggle crouch" option so that you only have to hit it once, not hold the button. I believe the tick mark is under "Move and View" then movement tab.

This is from a windows user so it may be different for Mac, i'm not really sure.

Edit: Keyboard commands for ya!

C = Crouch

F = Fly

E = Jump

WASD = Movement

Edited by Annika Velde
Added info!
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Sylvia, I take exception to your characterization of the inworld Firestorm support group.  The moderators/volunteer helpers are far from being "dismissive bullies".  Neither are most of the ordinary group members who hang out there and also offer advice.

In fairness, I wouldn't say that all of the members are dismissive but I have definitely encountered a few. I don't believe they were moderators though. I think they were simply well informed users :P You know how it goes though, sometimes tone does not translate well to text.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2548 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.