linden limits

Hucksly99

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2548 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

• Administrators

Hi there Hucksly99!

All accounts have limits on their LindeX activity during the 30 days after the first US$ transaction. These trading limits will automatically increase over time, until you have the standard Resident 1 billing and trading limits. You can see your current levels with this handy dandy link: https://accounts.secondlife.com/lindex/economic_limits 

Once you have hit the Resident 1 billing and trading limits and are consistently hitting your limits, you may contact us to request an increase to these limits by submitting a support case (We recommend submitting the ticket under these case types to ensure we receive your case in the correct place: Billing, Type: LindeX Billing and Trading Limits Review Request). You can create a case here: https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Hucksly99 said:

I want to buy some land for 10,000 :L$  but it is almost impossible with the trade limit on my what can we do about that.

next to the perfect explanation by Kristin, i'd like to add something...

you'r onley a week old, don't buy land yet.. explore, jump around on the grid, get used to the viewer and controls, work on your avatar...

If you buy land this early, and not like it... it's not easy to sell it again! The landmarket is a though one.

And if you don't sell your Tier needs to be paid... and abandon will mean you put 10k into the drain.

Look very carefully around what you buy, lot of sellers ask way to much for their parcel.

If you plan to buy on the auctions .. look inworld first... you might find better deals.

• Like 3

L$10,000 is barely $40 US.  You should be able to buy that much L$ a week after your first interaction with the LindeX.  Since you've already used the LindeX at least once now, all you need to do is wait a few days.  Or, as Alwin recommends, wait until you have been in SL long enough to know which end is up, so you don't just throw your money down a rat hole. ;)

I strongly agree with Alwin's suggestion about waiting.  If you really want a home in SL (and I feel that way too, I am never comfortable unless I have at least a small bit of land to call my own), start by renting a parcel, or get a Premium membership and one of the free Linden Homes.  They are specifically designed for this purpose...to act as starter homes to give residents experience in how SL land "works."

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2548 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.