Deleting product from land

xDJTechx

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2552 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi ,I recently was invited to a friends Land  to make it my Home spot. in the past week or so I was Gifted a product called egg pooper by a different friend. I rez'ed it on home land and now the darnn thing will not go away I have deleted it ,picked it up, deleted from inventory, and it keeps coming back. Now the owner of land has sent me a message to get rid of it . am I doing something wrong? I don't want to get Banned from  My Friends Land  (land Owner) Thanks

Edited by xDJTechx
Changed Title

4 answers to this question

Well two things come to mine. In theory the land owner can RETURN or DELETE the "egg pooper" from the land. Simply search for it on the area search tab, find it and send it back. 

It is possible that the actual object that "poops" the eggs is invisible, so picking up any eggs won't do any good. If that is the case, area search should find the object's place of residence and you can actually "see" the object (even though invisible) by using Ctrl + Alt + T (show transparency).  You can THEN click on the very red object and delete. 

That's all I got :D.

• Like 2

I think the "area search" specifically is an old Firestorm feature, but much the same function is available in Linden and other viewers with Build / Linksets.

You may be able to find the underlying problem object in that list by name. Whatever it's called, it will be among the "Scripted" items. Once you find it in the list, you can Return or Delete it from that dialog, without needing to grab its rezzed instance in-world.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

[ .... ] In theory the land owner can RETURN or DELETE the "egg pooper" from the land. Simply search for it on the area search tab, find it and send it back. 

[ .... ]

You and your friend don't actually need to know where it is.  As long as that's the only object that you own on your friend's land, all she has to do is open World >>> About Land >>> Objects and refresh the window at the bottom that displays a summary of how many objects are on the land and who owns them.  Your friend just has to highlight your name and then click the Return button to send everything back to you. You wouldn't want to have her do that if you owned several things there, but it sounds like the "egg pooper" is the only one.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2552 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.