I was hacked

SleepyValia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2568 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

My old account (Valiadort) was hacked, I absolutely do not know how it was possible but all my lindens and all my inventory was emptied, I had to redo this account for fear that someone will start again ..
How can I do to recover at least my lindens?

6 answers to this question

Go here and open a support case...

https://support.secondlife.com/create-case/

Select "Account Issue" from the first drop down and "I believe my account has been compromised" from the second. Fill in the requested information. Be prepared to offer proof to LL that you really own the account in question.

Good luck!

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Rhonda Huntress said:

By the way, don't use anything like these:

Top 25 most common passwords

I use to do database administration for a police department.  I once ran a password cracker utility against the database and discovered that a large percentage of the users had passwords of either adam12 or harley1.  They had always resisted (and won) the arguements for password rules until I showed those results to the top folks.

• Like 1

Chances are you weren't hacked but phished. I'll bet you clicked on one of the phishing links that get spammed then logged in so gave the phisher your user name and address. They then logged in and cleaned you out. 

As stated above, you need to do the support case. Also, in the future, don't click on those links that appear to point to marketplace stores. You NEVER have to log in to the MP just to browse. The most that will happen is if you aren't set to for adult and it points to an adult section, you'll get the regular splash page when you open the MP and told you aren't authorized to view adult items. If you ever do click on one of those links, if it want you to log in to the MP first, it's a phishing link.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2568 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.