crashing

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2625 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

14 hours ago, JaclynFashion said:

i keep crashing ever 5 mintues. and I have my settings on low

Tell us more about the problem. Is this an actual viewer crash back to the desktop, an OS crash, or just begin logged off the grid? Did you change anything, as Peony wondered? Are your graphics drivers up-to-date? Tell us more about your computer and network configuration. Are you on wi-fi (if so, try a wired connection). Copy your system specs from Help->About and paste them here. There are many causes of "crashing" and it'll be hard to give advice without more information.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters

18 hours ago, JaclynFashion said:

i keep crashing ever 5 mintues. and I have my settings on low

There are 2 main reasons my viewer crashes:

1. I have spotty internet connection through my ISP.  When the connection cuts out, I get the black and white message saying "You have been logged out of SL.  Would you like to view your IMs?"

2. If my LOD is set too high.  Even if my graphics settings are set to low, I will instantly crash.  No warning message. The viewer just closes.  The end.  Just done.  It mostly happens when I right click on anything to detach or edit or delete.  When that happens I check preferences before I fully log in and lower the LOD. (My guess is that it's because my old graphics card is sitting in a 7 year old laptop.)

3 hours ago, JaclynFashion said:

my desktop is new. I have the newest bento firestorm viewer

Okay, then it'll definitely help to get your system specs. Follow Madeleine's directions and post them back here.

7 hours ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Copy your system specs from Help->About and paste them here. There are many causes of "crashing" and it'll be hard to give advice without more information.

Have you tried clearing your cache?

Have you tried logging in to a new location?

Excessive textures  or high-poly content can cause crashing, have you added anything new to your avatar recently?

Too many sound emitters in a sim used to cause crashing. I don't think this is still an issue, tho.

Have you tried logging in from a different viewer?

You may check your RAM available. For example if you are gonna use background apps on your navigator such as youtube, facebook, twitter, mail services (hotmail is pretty heavy), the marketplace, skype, whatsoever social network, and any other webpage or application, it's very likely you will crash. And clearing cache once in a while ( I do it weekly) may help. Another reason for crashing is lost connection as well.
 I hope it helps. Regards :)

Edited by DorianDiaz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2625 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.