new and need help

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2568 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just joined SL. I can't go to certain destinations. I tried to go to a safe hub and freebie galaxy and I can't go to either one. I looked at my preferences to make sure adult was checked. It wasn't. So I clicked it but still can't go? do I have to be so many days old?

Both Freebie Galaxy, and the Safe HUB is rated "A" for adult. I am wondering if you missed something in your settings preventing you from accessing those destinations since neither location will deny entry based on the number of days active.

How to change your preferences to view adult content

Log into Second Life, then follow these steps in the Viewer to set your maturity preferences:

1. Choose Me > Preferences (or Ctrl-P) and click the General tab.
  2. Choose General, Moderate, Adult from the I want to access content rated: dropdown menu.
  3. Click OK.

320px-Kb_maturity_settings.png.a3be7eb4a760fd9c52e3c15e136aa8bc.png

After doing this you should be able to visit accessible land in Second Life, regardless of its maturity rating.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Didn't work for me.  The only options I get are General, General Moderate, General Moderate Adult.  Seems I should have Adult. And in fact I did for the past 3 weeks.  I purchased anything I wanted.  Now I'm restricted. My hunch is house. When I upgraded to Premium I was given a choice on a free house.  Every since then I've been down graded in maturity.  If the house is the reason then I should get rid of it.

One other thing.  Support is very hard to find.  forums and discussions are available but it's taken me days to find anyone.  I tried the Live Chat and that isn't even working.   I'm starting to feel unwanted.  I've spent money here and even got a Premium.  Doesn't seem to have helped me.

28 minutes ago, Fabuluz said:

One other thing.  Support is very hard to find.  forums and discussions are available but it's taken me days to find anyone.  I tried the Live Chat and that isn't even working.   I'm starting to feel unwanted.  I've spent money here and even got a Premium.  Doesn't seem to have helped me.

Live chat is only available at certain hours. You have to go to support using the main site, not by the forums.

• Moderators

Greetings!

If you are unable to contact Linden Lab via Live Chat, please use the Support Portal.

If you are in world, click on Help - Contact Support

If you are not in world, you can go directly to the Second Life Support web portal, located here:

https://support.secondlife.com/

While there are a few of us on the forums now, including myself and Tommy Linden, the forums are specifically for users to be able to communicate with each other and we may not see your post for a few days, or more, depending upon our schedules and how busy we are at any given time. Although we are trying to provide a greater presence on the forums. :)

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Amalia Broome said:

You can always come to the Firestorm Gateway. We help anyone..no matter which viewer you use. And we're there 24/7.

yes but as she tells it there is no problem at all ..

On 27-4-2017 at 11:13 PM, Fabuluz said:

The only options I get are General, General Moderate, General Moderate Adult.

there are no more options...

On 4/27/2017 at 3:13 PM, Fabuluz said:

Didn't work for me.  The only options I get are General, General Moderate, General Moderate Adult.  Seems I should have Adult. And in fact I did for the past 3 weeks.  I purchased anything I wanted.  Now I'm restricted. My hunch is house. When I upgraded to Premium I was given a choice on a free house.  Every since then I've been down graded in maturity.  If the house is the reason then I should get rid of it.

The drop down menu in the market place has just an 'Adult' choice, but inworld, there is no such thing.  The 'General, Moderate, Adult' setting applies to all Adult things inworld.  Use the picture in Chase01's post to verify and set your inworld settings.  These control "where you can go" in SL, nothing more. If you are having issue purchasing on the Market Place, make sure you are logged in and then use the drop down menu to select what type of content you want.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2568 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.