Rainy Alley

Mog Munster

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4444 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, I'm not sure whether this is the appropriate forum for this thread.  But here it goes. :smileytongue:

I just finished building a small rainy alley with an art gallery in my tiny mainland plot (1024 m2, 234 prims). 

It was a lot of fun playing around with little amount of prims.

I just would like some feedback and maybe some ideas for how to spend my last 12 prims.  :smileyvery-happy:

The best light setting I think is either midnight or foggy.

It is non commercial.

Anyone else decorated their entire plot with tiny amount of prims?  If so, post them here!

Visit Here (Updated)

Rainy Alley 2.jpg

Thank you!

I really gotta give all the credits to the builders and sculptors of individual objects that I used here.

I have all these ideas spinning in my head, but it is too bad that I can't realize it all in SL.

Things I'd do for double prim lands...:smileyvery-happy:

Rainy Alley 3.jpg

Heh, I've been trying to figure out how to get puddles as well. :smileyvery-happy:

It could be either simple prim puddles, but I couldn't find any decent ones yet. 

The best way I think is to have a part of ground texture 'transparent' and create a reflection underneath.  But I don't have enough prims to pull this off.  :smileyindifferent:

I've been to the Bay City area several times in hopes of finding a good piece of 1024 m2 for a decent price.  No luck though!

Thanks for the feedbacks everyone!

Rainy Alley 1.jpg

I've seen a few good ones complete with texture animations. I have bought one before and used it for the heavy downfall effect in my skybox. You could modify the speed setting of the textures to match your rainfall.  I'm currently at work now so I can't did into my inventory to show you. i'll do it later tonight.

Thanks for letting me visit you this morning. You have done fantastic things with your land. Good thing I brought my umbrella.

Keli18.JPG

The art gallery is beautiful and you have a nice wood stove to get warm by after getting out of the rain.

Keli19.JPG

You have done a great job with your apartment! It feels just like being in a RL city apartment.Keli21.JPG

Hi Keli, sorry for not being able to talk with you. 

You caught me while I was in building mode (an ugly balding noob avatar to reduce lag). :smileyvery-happy: 

I was trying to create realistic water puddles.  In the end though, I couldn't do it due to lack of prims. :smileysad:

One good thing that came out of this ordeal was that I was able to modify buildings to save 6 more prims :smileyhappy:

I'm glad you liked the place.  I appreciate everyone's support! 

Thank you!

Rainy Alley Noob.jpg

Mog! I came too! In fact, I'm still there, since I brought my good friend, Crash T'Windows, and he apparently doesn't want to tp out anytime soon :smileyvery-happy:

I saw you in your apartment on the first floor dancing around, but you were away and busy so I figured you were building and didn't want to be interrupted. I ADORE the alley though! And the music is perfect for it! What a nice job!

rainyAlley3.jpg

Hmm...I'm kinda embarrassed to ask this but...

I cannot put this land on search! :robotmad:

About Land - Options - Show Place in Search (checked) right?

I thought it would immediately charge me 30L/wk, and it is good to go.  But this is not the case (at least for me it isn't).

First, it doesn't charge me the cost.  Second, can't find the place in search.

So is there supposed to be a lag in this process?  If so, how long?

Hello, one of my neighbors created a skybox right above me (the adjacent plot) and now it is casting shadow over my land.  Since my entire goal was to create an atmosphere using shadow and lights, it will have to be moved.  :smileyindifferent:

I could ask the neighbor, but in the past, she wanted to purchase my land.  So, this could lead to some potential drama, which I'd like to avoid.

I'm just going to move it higher up in the sky at around 2 pm SLT (I go to school lol) and should be all set at 3 pm SLT. 

The link here will be updated as well.

I know a lot of you have visited LMed the spot, but I'm going to set a tp point so I *think* it shouldn't matter.

Just a warning in case people teleport and start skydiving :robotvery-happy:

P.S. I got my land on the search now.  It apparently takes a day or so to process. :smileyvery-happy:

Mog Munster wrote:

Oh no! :smileysurprised:

Haha that is hilarious.  :smileyvery-happy:

Interestingly enough, the weather system supports lightning feature.

I'm really pleased that you got a laugh out of my pictures.  I certainly had a lot of fun on your land making them, and you've shown that you don't need to own a whole private sim to create something really fabulous, entertaining, interesting, and inspirational. I love the mainland.  Well done, Mog.:smileyhappy:

Kascha Matova wrote:

@Mari : You know what kills me about that montage? The part that prevents me from regaining any sense of composure? 

It's that the hair is STILL on the skeleton and you still had the presence of mind to hold onto the umbrella! LOLOLOL :smileyvery-happy: 

Priceless!

:smileyhappy: Hey, I'm like that in real life too when I get struck by lightning !!!! :smileywink:

Glad you liked.

Yay successful relocation! Here

Teleportation point is updated accordingly.

I was manually moving my place up & down til I found a perfect spot.  I found waaaaay too many private homes than I wanted to see.  :smileyvery-happy:

At one point I got to the 4096 m2 and that was disastrous.  My place literally fell apart.

While I love shadows, it sure has its downside (aside from the obvious performance)

Thank you Mari :smileyvery-happy: 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4444 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.