How to play Secondlife on my iPhone

Simplykristi

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2011 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

11 answers to this question

Hello, you simply can NOT.

There are no apps available to play or at least connect to SL. 

This is because of the restrictions apple put on apps and because the effort to write an app from nothing, all the libs used on Windows or Android won´t work on apple machines, will never pay out.

Monti

• Like 2

There are at least 1 "text only" apps. You can't SEE anything, but you can type to people and see whatever messages are in the room.  (I assume to the others, you are "logged in and rezzed" there.)  The app I tried before is "Pocket MV" (metaverse).  It is basically useless unless you want to stand around and chat publicly.

You can use a service named: Bright Canopy. It runs SL in a web browser. So, you can use your iPhones web browser to run. There is a cost per month for the service.

It is also possible to run Remote Access (names vary as there are a number of apps that do the same thing) on your Iphone to act as a terminal to your home computer. You run SL on your home computer and see it on your phone. This is sort of what Bright Canopy does, run SL on their computers and deliver it to you as an interactive web page. But, they change the UI for better control on small screens.

I occasionally use remote access. It is awkward at best. You need a stylist, fingers are too big.

There really is no good way to run SL on an iPhone. Android is better but, still a bit of a pain.

I expect to see improved Android support in 2017 as VR and Sansar catch on. I don't see anyone developing for iPhone/iPad.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, peterveter said:

Tell me..

Peter, Peter pumpkin eater,
Had a wife but couldn't keep her;
He put her in a pumpkin shell
And there he kept her very well.

Had another and didn't love her;
Peter learned to read and spell,
And then he loved her very well.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Had a wife but couldn't keep her;
He put her in a pumpkin shell
And there he kept her very well.

Had another and didn't love her;
Peter learned to read and spell,
And then he loved her very well.

Are you sure it's not

Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers. If Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers, then how many pickled peppers did Peter Piper pick? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/26/2017 at 5:51 PM, Nalates Urriah said:

I expect to see improved Android support in 2017 as VR and Sansar catch on. I don't see anyone developing for iPhone/iPad.

Aww no i´m sad because you call me no one (anyone). There won´t be a full viewer on iOS as there is none of Android; why ?

The time needed to implement the OpenGL rendering would need a big team - and i guess people want it for free.

Plus: Apple will drop OpenGL sooner or later and all work would be for nil.

Android devices have a partial 3D viewer but thats working with > 5 years old code.

A full viewer need a dedicated graphics card - you cannot run SL on integrated cards too. You can but you do not want to.

Monti

9 minutes ago, Monti Messmer said:

Aww no i´m sad because you call me no one (anyone). There won´t be a full viewer on iOS as there is none of Android; why ?

The time needed to implement the OpenGL rendering would need a big team - and i guess people want it for free.

Plus: Apple will drop OpenGL sooner or later and all work would be for nil.

Android devices have a partial 3D viewer but thats working with > 5 years old code.

A full viewer need a dedicated graphics card - you cannot run SL on integrated cards too. You can but you do not want to.

Monti

I think you misunderstood the reply.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2011 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.