How do u get clothing HUD to work?

KeithSmyaz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2702 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I had bought some tanks with a HUD to change colors. I clicked on the hud, clicked on center but nothing showed up on my screen.
Then I went to my jeans from another designer with a hud to change colors of jeans. I clicked on the hud, clicked center & a picture showed up but I have no clue how to work it.
If anyone can help me with BOTH problems, I'd appreciate it. Thanks

4 answers to this question

Hello, Keith. 

Have you tried using your HUDs in a different location? The most common cause of the problem you mention is being on land that has "No Scripts". HUDs use scripts to change the appearance of your outfit and swap textures, if you are located on a parcel with No Scripts Allowed (look for an icon in the SL-URL top bar), no scripts will run. 

I recommend heading to a sandbox or any other land and giving it a try. 

• Like 1

All HUDs are different, so there's no way we can guess what you mean when you say that you "clicked on center", and we don't have a clue how that particular HUD is meant to work.  Generally speaking, color change HUDs are pretty "intuitive", but each person's concept of "inuitive" is different too.  Your best bet is to contact the merchant that sold you the HUDs and ask her/him.

• Like 1

Saul has explained one reason why a HUD might not work...you're on land that has scripts disabled.  Either teleport to another location, or fly up over about 100m.

But I want to discuss something a bit different...putting the HUD on your screen.

All objects, HUDs included, will attach to the last attachment point that they were set to.  For new things, that attachment point is the one set by the creator.  That is usually the best place to start.  So instead of right clicking and choosing "attach to center", just right click the HUD and choose ADD.

Even if the HUD is attached to, say, the upper left HUD attach point, you can edit it to be anyplace on your screen.  Right click the HUD on your screen, select Edit.  Then use the colored positioning arrows to drag it to where you want it to be.  It will remember this location the next time you ADD it.

If you change the actual attachment point, the HUD may seem to not be there at all.  There are several ways to find it, in this case.  

• Right click any other HUD on your screen, select Edit.  Now roll your mouse scroll wheel backwards.  Your point of view will zoom out, and a rectangle representing your screen will appear.  See if the HUD is located somewhere outside the edge of this rectangle.  If you see it, right click it, and then use the colored arrows to drag it within the rectangle to get it back on your screen.
  • The HUD might be rotated so that it is edge on, or even turned around 180 degrees.  If the back side has been made transparent, you won't see it.  In this case, detach the HUD.  Right click any object in view, and select Edit to open the Edit window.  Now ADD the HUD.  It will be selected.  Hold CTRL and use the rotation rings that appear to rotate the HUD so it faces the right direction and you can see its buttons.
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2702 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.