The Dress Your Man Challenge

Perrie Juran

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4761 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

and formalformal.jpg

Hat and Hair - Amacci Hair-Howie-$299L
Suit- Lapointe & Bastchild Milan Pinstripped Stripped/Black $499L
shoes HOC Apparel Mens Formal Dress shoes $20L
Total $818 L
Overall total $868L...You got change!!!

So while this is do-able..it only is because of hunts and freebies. If I had actually bought everything I'm guessing it would be more in the range of $1500L to $2000L.

So successful failure.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Storm Clarence wrote:

Marigold Devin wrote:

I see the ladies are still out shopping for this particular challenge then?

Marigold I tried to whisper a few posts up: it is *you* that needs to go shopping. :smileyindifferent:

I don't know how you dress your female avatar, but your male avatar needs much help.

I don't know which of us is being the doll's head here, Storm, and  *I* don't *need* to go shopping at all!

Marigold is not exactly a unisex name, and the only time I've ever used that male avatar shape and skin in my inventory has been to quickly demo something. That male shape and skin I have in my avatar is obviously that overused freebie one that I am sure, like me, if you never saw it again would be too soon! (smiley indifferent)

The white socks in one photo were meant to be humorous.  Old men always seem to keep their socks on, and often seem to wear pale socks (there was even one across from me on the bus this afternoon in real life - white socks and brown sandals)

I waited a whole day before I posted to this thread, because I HATE shopping, and I assumed loads of women who actually enjoy shopping would jump at the chance to complete Perrie's original challenge (and possibly even compete against each other to a degree). I really thought this thread had potential to be lots of fun, and that's what I was aiming for when I jumped in with my - albeit very pathetic - bunch of photos. (And I think I did apologise to Perrie for not completing his challenge.)

My female avatar currently looks like the girl in the videos I attached to posts above.  If you think it looks appalling then frankly my dear, I don't give a damn! I never enjoyed dolly dress up as a child, I enjoy it even less as a grown-up. 

(P.S. I know it can be hard to tell from just text, but I'm really not as p1ssed off with you as I sound - I just wanted to make myself perfectly clear to you. (non-sarcastic smiley)

14.11.09 Sex Change 2 - female clothes on a male avatar.jpg

Well, as I've not had anyone take me up on the "Costume Dummy" offer, I've had to resort to digging through my closet for a few looks. Being me, never able to do "just enough" .. here are four of my looks:

Business_001e.png

^^ The basic business suit .. normally worn on my first visit to a new customer or client.

Work_001e.png

^^ The Techie Look .. when I'm responding to a CS Issue and will probably get a bit geeky.

Casual_004e.png

^^ Saturday afternoon .. Relaxed and just knocking about.

Tux_003e.png

^^ After the Ball ... I've lost the jacket among the pile somewhere, but dancing with a lady always increases my temperature anyway. ;^)

Marigold Devin wrote:

Storm Clarence wrote:

Marigold Devin wrote:

Marigold I was only speaking about going out shopping for the male avatar; as the ladies were all out shopping for this particular challenge - it was a good opportunity to better dress your male.  

Storm Clarence wrote:

Marigold Devin wrote:

Storm Clarence wrote:

Marigold Devin wrote:

Marigold I was only speaking about going out shopping for the male avatar; as the ladies were all out shopping for this particular challenge - it was a good opportunity to better dress your male.  

OK, I got you. I'm drawing a line under this now.

Jacki Silverfall wrote:

I don't have a "man" but I do have a "friend" if that counts we will take you up on your challenge! :smileywink:

Absolutely will count.  Extra points (which don't matter anyway) for before and after shots.   :D

I need to get some shopping done myself pretty quick here.

Evangeline Twist wrote:

This sounds like a fun challange but I don't have a man to dress..lol

P.S.  Is it just me or does anyone else not like when guys tuck their t-shirts into their jeans?  lol 

only time it should be tucked in is when it's part of layering..Tucked in is sooo "mommy dressed me and made me tuck it in." or the designer/creator didn't make a jacket layer (tsk, tsk to designer!)

Also I am kinda on the fence about prim bottoms to t-shirts ( and other shirt/jacket tops..) Although they most of the time give a nice sense of depth to the clothing that illusion is often broken apart as soon as the avatar moves...

Dim Sum Garden group banner (750x167).jpg

Submitted for you approval......(plays twilight zone music)

I would like to thank my best friend Fletcher who so graciously agreed to this challenge. Here's what we came up with....

Casual Outfit:
Shoes - L$200 at a sale at Hoorenbeek's
Pants Corduroy - Free from Steam Powered Nuts
Shirt - SF Design Group Gift for April
Total - L$200

fletchercasualredo_001.jpg

Lounging outfit:

Sneakers - Maschienenwerk - Free

Sports Set - SF Designs - L$120Fletcher loung pool_001.jpg

Formal wear:
 SF designs June Tuxedo 600L
 shoes are included
 Flecthertux_001.jpg

Total L$920!

What fun! Thanks for the thread!

Jacki

Free sneakers are good.

If I'm not going to be earthly, my man isn't either. Here's Simon.

In this one, he is wearing the Elixir Dress Uniform (about L$400 IIRC), with the matching boots (L$350 or thereabouts) modifed, with a cap from Graves ($75). Uniform insignia: model's own. Total, about L$825.

It's a man's life in the Royal Space Force.

rsf.jpg

And here, he's in the Sci-Props Desert Runner outfit. L$700.

spicy.jpg

I'll see if I can't get a pic of him in casuals. Unlike me, he actually has some.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4761 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.