Email Verification

RoseDeLore

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2416 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

12 answers to this question

On April 17 2017 my linden viewer, only during my login, gives a shortlink to verify my email address. The message is that IM's will not be forwarded to our registered email. Please fix the process or remove the faulty logon warning and continue to forward IM's sent to me to my registered email. Thank you, Athena.

6 minutes ago, grandmaathena said:

On April 17 2017 my linden viewer, only during my login, gives a shortlink to verify my email address. The message is that IM's will not be forwarded to our registered email. Please fix the process or remove the faulty logon warning and continue to forward IM's sent to me to my registered email. Thank you, Athena.

not sure if you know you'r not talking to LL here this is part of a forum, not support

... you will háve to verify your email yourself. It's in your accountpage, not that difficult to find.

It's not faulty logon, and needs no fix, it's a announcement that you have to do it, those logon messages aren't personalized so you will keep seeing that as long the servers have the command to show it.

• Like 2

On 8/26/2016 at 0:24 PM, RoseDeLore said:

The link to verify my email is no longer active; how can I verify it?

It's extremely easy.  Open your dashboard at secondlife.com >>> Account and click Change E-mail Address. You'll see the link right there.  Enter your information.

A lot of people change e-mail addresses but forget to tell Linden Lab.  Then they wonder why they don't receive important notices and blame the Lab for not telling them. All this "verification" process is doing is reminding you to check now and be sure that your e-mail address on file is correct.

• Like 2

You do not have to change your adress.  When you get to the dashboard page you are so familiar with,  there is a link to "verify" the email address.   Click it and you will get an email sent to that correct address.   In the email is a link to verify that you received it at your correct address.  If you don't want to verify with the Lab (not just yourself) that the address is correct, they may not forward your offlines to you.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, grandmaathena said:

Thank you, Rolig.

I use my dashboard frequently. My email is correct there. I'm not going to change my *correct email address* to that same address [*correct email affress*].

Athena.

As Cinn says, it's a painless process, but it's your choice.  If you don't want to take a few seconds to verify that the address on file is correct, you just won't get any more forwarded IMs. 

• Like 3

Now what?.

Because I do want to continue my email notifications, and that I did not studiously analyze and document the process Cinn elaborated, I appear to have locked my ID after I tried to change the email from the old to the same old, rather than ONLY clicking the "Verify".

Exactly WHY that Studiously inept event occurred is because in my email, when I got Roligs response, I went to my dashboard and into my "change email" which I have no interest or intention of changing.

I will give it another try only clicking the Verify.

6 minutes ago, grandmaathena said:

Now what?.

I went to my dashboard and into my "change email" which I have no interest or intention of changing.

I will give it another try only clicking the Verify.

looks like you acted a bit overenthousiastic.. you only need to click verify, nothing more.

• Like 1

Thank you all. As an update, I succeeded in "Verifying my Email" and passed the word to all my friends. Most rely heavily on seeing their IM's when they're offline. since they're spread all over the globe.

"Just click the verify then follow through when you get your email"

Athena.

• Confused 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2416 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.