Adult Material Leaking into Ahern?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4815 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

From the recent merge it is known that teens now exsist in G/PG rated areas. I had the unfortunate experience of encountering a adult-material avatar standing in a McDonalds suit inside of Ahern. The avatar clearly had a A-rated piece on in the form of a male reproductive gentelia that was clearly in view that anyone could see. Upon confronting the nudity i received verbal harassment from the avatar, and dialouge that clearly decipated that the avatar had no interest in abiding to the "no nudity" policy governing all G/PG related areas, particularly in a teen-friendly area. The fact that teens come to ahern to play and talk on SL can still see material like this is disturbing. The reason why the TOS exsist and is not some meaningless rule is to protect youth from having or seeing acess to content that they should not see or have acess to to began with. There were some boder-line avatars before but this is the first time i witnessed an avatar arrogantly stood in ahern with their "junk" in broad-view then tried to briddle me about paying them "lindens" for their own disruptive and poor conduct.

I hope Ahern continues to be G/PG friendly as possible to all adults, child avies, and teens alike.

Make sure they didn't just tp in and their clothing just hasn't rezzed yet. Unfortunately, there's not much that can be done about this issue. A number of the add-ons like that are supposed to autohide in a G or M sim. The problem is that if a sim has scripts turned off, that won't work. If they don't notice this, it obviously can cause a problem.

If you choose to say something to somebody with an issue like this, do it in IM. There's less chance of them feeling they have to save face that way. Remain polite (even/especially if they don't). In most cases I've had to deal with in staffing a G rated sim, a polite request is all it takes.

If they indicate they are a 'speshul snoflake' for whom the rules don't apply, then contact a sim/region manager if possible to deal with the issue.

Fill out an AR if you wish. This is especially effective if you get a screen shot with the offending bits clearly showing. I haven't had to do that as most people who don't take care of it right away when asked, get the idea we're serious when they get sent home.

Vocaloid wrote:

I hope Ahern continues to be G/PG friendly as possible to all adults, child avies, and teens alike.

This would require it to first start to be, long before it could continue to be. :smileywink:

In answer to your issue, however, you can always Abuse Report this avatar. As it is a General rated region and an Infohub, such conduct isn't allowed. As LL does not have Lindens "on duty" at the hubs, it really would fall to you and others to report such actions. That said, ARing people to protect teens at Ahern would, to me, fall under the heading of sisyphean efforts. 

Marianne McCann wrote:

In answer to your issue, however, you can always Abuse Report this avatar. As it is a General rated region and an Infohub, such conduct isn't allowed. As LL does not have Lindens "on duty" at the hubs, it really would fall to you and others to report such actions. That said, ARing people to protect teens at Ahern would, to me, fall under the heading of sisyphean efforts. 

Sis·y·phe·an (s s -f n). adj. 1. Greek Mythology Of or relating to Sisyphus. 2. Endlessly laborious or futile:

You are too smart.

Vocaloid wrote:

From the recent merge it is known that teens now exsist in G/PG rated areas. I had the unfortunate experience of encountering a adult-material avatar standing in a McDonalds suit inside of Ahern. The avatar clearly had a A-rated piece on in the form of a male reproductive gentelia that was clearly in view that anyone could see. Upon confronting the nudity i received verbal harassment from the avatar, and dialouge that clearly decipated that the avatar had no interest in abiding to the "no nudity" policy governing all G/PG related areas, particularly in a teen-friendly area. The fact that teens come to ahern to play and talk on SL can still see material like this is disturbing. The reason why the TOS exsist and is not some meaningless rule is to protect youth from having or seeing acess to content that they should not see or have acess to to began with. There were some boder-line avatars before but this is the first time i witnessed an avatar arrogantly stood in ahern with their "junk" in broad-view then tried to briddle me about paying them "lindens" for their own disruptive and poor conduct.

did you really expect anything else from the teens?

did you expect this type of exhibitionist behaviour would lessen?

did you expect more maturity in SL?

Vocaloid wrote:

(snip)

Ahern... continues to be G/PG friendly...

heh.

If it really bugs you, then AR it and include the a cut and paste of the local and IM chat logs for good measure.

My advice is if that sort of thing offends you, leave Ahern and places like that.  They have always been what they are.  I enjoyed them back before the TG merger but don't hang around them these days for obvious reasons that really don't need to be repeated for the thousandth time.

If it really bugs you, then AR it.

Colt Habana wrote:

from the op's post I got the impression this was an adult not a teen

did you really expect anything else from the teens?

im not sure how you worked that one out, however, which is more likely to show off?

a teen or an adult?  who is more likely to grief in general?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4815 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.