Commune Living

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2852 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Can any residents provide me with any leads regarding Commune Living? I have been involved in multiple attempts at communes in SL in the past and none have quite come to fruition as I hoped they would. No long-winded answers, please, I am quite understanding that communal living is difficult in RL just as much in SL and therefore is not incredibly popular, I am simply looking for some info if anyone know's a functioning open-door community. Thanks ahed of time. 

owning or renting a land or place in sl is the same as having your own website or webpage. So sharing a place in sl is like having a website owned by 2 owners with different intention. Why not just rent your own place? rental adjustments in sl is very common especially in residential themed sims.

In one sense, anyone who is living on the Mainland is living in a commune whether they want to or not! This can be...interesting.

There are some very old communities in Second Life of furries and elves and Gor that have had these collective experiments for years. But you have to fit into the lifestyle/belief system and not everyone wants that level of RP.

I know there's a hippie commune or two of some sort but I'm not sure how rigid it is, despite claims of hippie-ness.

There was an educational community called Chilbo that worked well for awhile but I'm not sure it exists anymore.

One thing that is very hard to do is get people to keep contributing tier month after month in a group. This almost always ends in tears. That's my experience. One person shoulders the load despite it being "a commune."

I guess it's like many things in life, if people don't already come together on their own naturally for a shared purpose, it's hard to make them come together. So you know all that and I would have to say -- try to start something and see who shows up.

Nalytha wrote:

I have not lived here, nor do I know if they have any availability. Worth looking into perhaps. 

For the OP: Nalytha's SLURL is to Commune Utopia. I hadn't realized it had moved to Lagrange Point. Nalytha's right ... it's a good place. For that matter, the entire region is a good place.

I just realized I might have misunderstood the question. I thought you were looking for places but I'm wondering if instead you were looking for a discussion because you are thinking of starting your own?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2852 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.