Bay City

Blondin Linden

Jane Fossett wrote:

Today I heard that Blondin Linden is no longer with Linden Lab.

I'm part of the sailing community in Second Life, and just wanted to comment that over the past many months Blondin was very helpful; he attended to many sailing issues on a host of levels.

We will all miss him, and I know together we wish him fair winds and a safe harbor in any future endeavor.

Yes, those of us in Bay City heard about it too, and will greatly miss his involvement -- including setting up this folder for us. :-(

Its quite a shock.

Blondin's next "Office Hour" is sometime today in Zindra's Bronlen sim. (Adult content group).

I'm very curious to see who shows up there, if anyone. Because I suspect whoever does end up filling that spot will also end up filling in for his Bay City duties. I hope its someone people can work with well - Blondin, if actually gone, will be sorely missed even by those who never met him. He's had a -LOT- of impact in the last few years to help slow down or redirect some of the crazyness at the lab. :)

EDIT: The meeting is going on right now and he's not there. Of course it -IS- a holiday. So that's not confirmation. I own the lot across the street from it so its easy to just peer over and walk over. :)

Pussycat Catnap wrote:

Blondin, if actually gone, will be sorely missed even by those who never met him. 

He is most definitely an Ex-Linden. Confirmed it with him yesterday via email to his non-Linden email.

I do not have any other details, nor did I ask for any, however. :-)

It’s the Bay City Rumble …and it’s Wildcard week!!!

For “Fleet Week” we celebrated salty sailors’ return from the slurly Sansara seas as we sailed Bay City shores for Fleet Week Fun! Some rough seas saw several soaked sailors swimming swiftly back to shore. Marianne McCann won brarrrgging rights…yes that bragging with an arrr in the middle…and fun was had by all!

boaty_002.jpg

"Totally Innocent Tourists"

This week the Rumble hits the road as we embark offsite for a friendly sightseeing tour. Rumble Road Trip: so don your best (disguise) travel attire and come to the Community Center to (conspire) plan our tour. We’ll TP the friendly skies (to spy) we have no specific destination (Caledon) in mind and no saying what we’re (hoping) to find (war mongering steam-punk imperialists and their munitions stores). So tell all your friends (agent assets). Come one… come all… it’s as always… Unofficial! Let’s RUMBLE!!! June 2, 7PMish SLT. Meet up at the Community Center in Daley Bay (but don’t tell anyone suspicious that we’ll be there K?)

spy_010.jpg

"Another Totally Innocent Tourist"

spy_007.jpg

....in Caledon ;D

Road Rage!

It’s the Bay City Rumble… and it’s all about cars! What you thought I was going to say more?!?

tidal_016a.jpg

Ok…  Hit the tar with your car we won’t go too far and never spar there’s nothing of wars… what are we from Mars? How bizarre! Come with your car, be a Bay City Rumble STAR! (and maybe afterwards a bar) Road rage … its almost new age… yish :&

Come one… come all… it’s as always… Unofficial! Let’s RUMBLE!!! June 9, 7PMish SLT. Meet up at Truro rez zone.

HERE

I don't think the recent changes on the Bay City Harbor Line of the SLRR were mentioned yet...

501499.jpg

First off, the entire line now has its guide rail. Unlike the rest of the SLRR, the guide is phantom, which allows for other vehicles in the area, while not impacting most trains (older, purely physical ones may have some difficulties).

Also, two new lifting rail bridges complete the line while providing access for boaters.

Check them out, perhaps starting from the rez zone in front of Bay City Station in Inner Harbor. :-)

AIR!!!

It’s the Bay City Rumble!

The race will be fair don’t despair, even though last week’s winner Marianne will be there. The glory she’ll share if you can fare your plain cross some sims. It’s not a sin to want to win come bring your kin and umm…. A plane :D

Come one… come all… it’s as always… Unofficial! Let’s RUMBLE!!! Thursday June 16, 7PMish SLT. Meet up at Hau Koda Airport.

flame_024.jpg

o.O        Hau Koda

Rock N Rumble!

The Bay City Rumble hits the road!! It’s Rock n Rumble and DJ Holocluck Henly will be spinning tunes from the 20’s to the 60’s at the Bay City Pavilion at SL8B….Second Life’s Birthday Bash! Marianne McCann has built a super display (included a sekrit dance floor) …so we’ll be bashing n smashing I’m sure you’ll look smashing…maybe a bit laggy but hopefully no crashing.     :D

Come one… come all… it’s as always… Unofficial! Let’s RUMBLE!!! Thursday, June 23, 5PMish SLT. Meet up at Bay City Pavilion at SL8B

I've been remiss!

(Well, actually, I've been busy)

Bay City is at SL8B, and I do hope you'll come and visit!  You'll find us in SL8B Exhilarate. Come on by for a few free goodies, a new Bay City Guide, or just to check out the movie "The Magic of Bay City."

502361.jpg

We'll be having a second dance party tomorrow, Saturday the 25th, from 1-3 p.m. SLT - so come on by. :-)

Avast Ye!

It’s the Bay City Rumble! Last week was sweet rumbling the SL8B dance floor in our feet friends new and old to meet… that I forgot to tweet hmm.

This week calls all sailors aweigh shiver me timbers don’t be a landlubber’s dungbie … so all you freebooters, picaroons, marooners, and Drivelswiggers bring your Bumboo, Cackle Fruit, Duffle, and  Jolly Roger.  There’ll be no see you to Davy Jonesing or Dancing the Hempen Jig! Belay and Parley…

Come one… come all… it’s as always… Unofficial! Let’s RUMBLE!!! Thursday, June 30, 7PMish SLT. Meet up at  New Port Marina and rez zone.

hockey_019.jpg

I want to ride my bicycle… :D

It’s Wild Card Week… and it’s the Bay City Rumble!!!

Come one… come all… it’s as always… Unofficial! Let’s RUMBLE!!! Tonight!, 7PMish SLT. Meet up at the as yet still not properly named Seattle Dreamscape Park. Bike rezzer on site!

• 2 weeks later...

Wheels!!!

Here’s the deal: Last Rumble Matthieu Manamiko won riding his two- wheeled- man- powered- moving machine (OK bike),… who will win when we add some internal combustion???

It’s in your FACE! a Monster RACE! Look for the PLACE.. You’ll be an ACE!!! Don’t wear your LACE… Pick up the PACE …  (There’s no disgrace) >   it’s the Bay City Rumble!!!

Come one… come all… it’s as always… Unofficial! Let’s RUMBLE!!! Thursday July 21 7PMish SLT. Meet up at Truro Airship Rez Zone

Matt_006.jpg:D

A big pic of Matthieu riding his machine…just ‘cause he thought I’d forgot to mention his WIN!!! Thanks Matthieu ;D   (sorry I don’t take better pics :o )

We’ll be Flying!

It’s the Bay City Rumble! I’m not lying, we’ll all be trying…to win back the win from Marianne instead of crying. Yet still I’m sighing, and to excel vying….so you’ll find me on marketplace for a new aircraft I’m buying ….cause gee …it’s not about how you play the game … it’s about winning!   Hey now I’m grinning!!

Come one… come all… it’s as always… Unofficial! Let’s RUMBLE!!! Thursday July 28 7PMish SLT. Meet up Bay City Municipal Airport Hau Koda  :D

wheels_001.jpg

Yeah! I got spirit!!! (OK I really just like vanity shots ;D )

What floats your boat?

It’s the Bay City Rumble! Last week Molly was jolly she won the race and that’s no folly. So make a note to come rez your boat after racing the bay who’ll get to gloat? It’s not a sin to win, come give it a spin, it’ll give you a grin :D Now that you can quote!

Come one… come all… it’s as always… Unofficial! Let’s RUMBLE!!! Thursday August 4th, 7PMish SLT. Meet up at New Port marina and rez zone!

Hoverboards?!?

It’s Wildcard Week! And yes…  It’s the Bay City Rumble!  Last week Molly floated her boat for a multi sim win! This week you’ll be adored riding your board, when you win they’ll be floored at the new hoverboard lord…or lady. Hidey hover - hidey hady!!! Free Hoverboards available :D

Come one… come all… it’s as always… Unofficial! Let’s RUMBLE!!! Thursday August 11, 7PMish SLT. Meet up at Bay City Fairgrounds!

hover_005.jpg

No not that silly...thats a UFO!

hover_009.jpg

Now THIS is a hoverboard :D

All you want to do is ride around Molly, ride, Molly, ride!!!

She stole our pride, her look was snide, on her hoverboard of victory she did ride.

But we’ll change the tide, and we won’t hide; up route 66 we shall DRIVE. The race is live, and the road is wide 0_0    It’s the Bay City Rumble!

Come one… come all… it’s as always… Unofficial! Let’s RUMBLE!!! Thursday August 18th, 7PMish SLT. Meet up at Truro rez zone.

hover1_022.jpg

Race Fans!!!

Come see Marianne in her flying machine

Going up she goes! Up she goes!

Race in the Rumble like a bird on a beam

In the air she goes! There she goes!

It’s the Bay City Rumble! (Er and bring an aircraft to race)

Come one… come all… it’s as always… Unofficial! Let’s RUMBLE!!! Thursday August 25th, 7PMish SLT. Meet up at Hau Koda Airport. We’re headed to Abbott’s :D

race_010.jpg

Sylvan sells sea shells down by the sea shore. So come down for sure don’t be a bore give it a roar we’ll show you more.  Last week we flew, there was a large crew, his plane tried and true, Sylvan won who knew!?! oo O_O   It’s the Bay City Rumble! And we’re racing boats!!!

Come one… come all… it’s as always… Unofficial! Let’s RUMBLE!!! Thursday September, 1st 7PMish SLT. Meet up at New Port marina and rez zone!

maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/New%20Port/48/109/22

air1_010.jpg