A Bunch of Questions

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4781 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1. Second Life Fashion Design: Using the Templates page 9 states "Eventually, we'll have a
tool that will let you easily turn a photo into an avatar's face (no delivery date set yet, so please
be patient). ect... will this ever happen?

2. Can we buy a "Advance Builders Version of Secondlife" ?

3. Wouldn't it help each sim, if there was light versions for newbs and people who do not have
any interest in building?

4. I bought second inventory and went to the beta grid to upload some of my husbands stuff
inworld that I have full permissions on and nothing would load.

5. Do you have instructions on a web page I might look at for this?

6. Is there a sculpting tool program that can take a photo from your computer and duplicate it for
uploading to SL and if so where can I buy it?

First, it may be helpful to realize that the world of Second Life is for the most part user created.  The basic tools and underlying engine is Linden Lab's program but the scripts, clothes, music, buildings and textures are created by other residents just like you.

On to the answers

1. It was once done by a resident that had a shop called "Avatar Island."  I don't know if they are still around or not but it might be worth looking in to.  I don't see this being a Linden Lab implemented feature in the near future.

2. Not really.  The viewer version 2.6.x (current the beta viewer) has the ability to chose between advanced and basic modes.  It is free to download.  There are other people who produce viewers with additional features (TPV or third party viewers) but it is against the TPV policy to sell these viewers. So no, you can not buy a viewer in any form.  You may download all you want for free.

3. See #2.

4 & 5.  These would need to be resolved through the makers of the second inventory tool.

Can we buy a "Advance Builders Version of Secondlife" ?

No, all of SL's client software is free and has pretty much everything you need already in it. There is no Advanced builders viewer. However there are some third party viewers more geared toward building like Phoenix that have some extra features. These are free as well. Maybe you are thinking of Blue Mars where you have have to have a different account to be a devoloper or builder or something along those lines.

Wouldn't it help each sim, if there was light versions for newbs and people who do not have
any interest in building?

Already out in the new SL beta viewer. I personally think its a bad idea though. Now you are handicapping people right off the bat with a view that has less features. I can't wait to start giving tech support to people using this viewer and I tell them to go to the edit menu and there isn't one lol.

I bought second inventory and went to the beta grid to upload some of my husbands stuff
inworld that I have full permissions on and nothing would load.

I know nothing about this product, but I have played on the beta grid. When you go to the beta grid all of your inventory is not available. The first time you log on it will be, but if you go back to the regular grid and add something to your inventory and go back to the beta grid it won't be there. It takes a while for the beta grid to catch up. I think its a month or so! Like other have said I would seek support from the people putting this product out.

Is there a sculpting tool program that can take a photo from your computer and duplicate it for
uploading to SL and if so where can I buy it?

I am a builder in SL and I know of no product that does this. If there was it would make sculpties incredibly easy to make and everyone would be making them.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4781 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.