Who said...?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4807 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Storm Clarence wrote:

As a side note, someone posted 'different' gaming angles to set in the viewer - over the left shoulder, etc.  I wish I could find that post again.  I liked the settings - when I changed viewers I lost them.

I had that post bookmarked but the bookmark just takes me to the archive title page now.  Sorry Storm.

ETA  - found it:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/General-Discussions/Improving-Your-SL-Experience-With-Better-Camera-Placement/m-p/503974/highlight/true#M246588

Always wanted to ask: The cam controls are clearly meant for people who have only one hand. Why some people with 2 hands struggle with those cam controls?

Why not use the keyboard+mouse method? Lot more comfy and practical. More precise, faster, can combine different styles on the fly.

Storm Clarence wrote:

As a side note, someone posted 'different' gaming angles to set in the viewer - over the left shoulder, etc.  I wish I could find that post again.  I liked the settings - when I changed viewers I lost them.

I can't remember but Torley did a great video.

You need to just alter the debug settings. cameraoffsetdefault has x,y,z values that let you see the change in real time to position the cam how you like.

*huggs*

Mondy

Monderas Bristol wrote:

Ossian wrote:

Is that really how big they are in V2?

Lol, no. I just enlarged them. The new firestorm preview has a resizable camera control. you can actually make them as small as you like.

*huggs*

Mondy

Firestorm totally rules!!....I love how you can get rid of or change all the annoying elements of v2. Its looking like it is going to be the best Viewer in town :)

@Liisa I always use alt cam, but when I have something in one hand or I`m falling asleep and leaning on one arm I do use the cam controls lol :D

kattatonia Wickentower wrote:

Storm Clarence wrote:

I had that post bookmarked but the bookmark just takes me to the archive title page now.  Sorry Storm.

ETA  - found it:

Thank you Kattatonia.  Perfect, this is what I was looking for.

Ossian wrote:

I didn't realize that was Firestorm...  My problem with the V2 cam controls wasn't the size, but that they were always closing.  It's hard to cam with the touchpad on a laptop.

o.O I use an USB standalone mouse. Touch pads are too well, too touchy for me :smileywink: I also am old school cam control alt/mouse is my dear friend.

Argus Collingwood wrote:

Ossian wrote:

I didn't realize that was Firestorm...  My problem with the V2 cam controls wasn't the size, but that they were always closing.  It's hard to cam with the touchpad on a laptop.

o.O

I use an USB standalone mouse. Touch pads are too well, too touchy for me :smileywink: I also am old school cam control alt/mouse is my dear friend.

Ah, you are speaking of a luxury I can only dream of... it's not always practical to hook up a mouse, and even when I do, it's often on a soft surface so all I can use it for is clicking.

I lead a very complicated life.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4807 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.