how do I complain about a store to Linden Labs?

bloketom

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2950 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have bought some dances from DMC.Only 1 out of the 5 were delivered. I have filed 3 support requests to the Store but none have been answered and I have sent a notecard to the owner which has not been replied to. The sum involved is 1798L. Reading the community forum - it seems this is a common problem with that store.

4 answers to this question

Delivery isn't the shop owner's responsibility.  Shop owners in Marketplace pay Linden Lab a 5% fee on every sale, and Linden Lab handles delivery and the cash. Many shop owners will voluntarily redeliver items that buyers didn't receive, but they are not obligated to.  It's just good business to do it, even when there's a possibility that there was a system error, or that the user was busy at delivery time, refused delivery accidentally, or was pulling a scam on the merchant.  If the merchant doesn't respond, or decides not to redeliver, you can try submitting a support case to Linden Lab, using the category Marketplace Issues >> Failed Marketplace Delivery.

I don't agree with Alwin on this one.  I have found DMC to be a reputable seller...however, I've only bought things from their in world store.

You can submit a Support Case to LL, but it will not do any good.  Linden Lab does not involve themselves in disputes between residents.  You CAN, however, report a failed delivery via a Support Case, and that may produce results.  In addition, continue to send POLITE notecards and IMs to the owner every few days.  Many creators and business owners are not in world every day, and it may take them some time to respond.

I’ve have been finding a lot of posts about DMC not delivering and not responding. This has also happened to me recently. Linden Labs may not be responsible for the money loss from a particular vendor who takes money and does not deliver a product. However, if a vendor has no intention of delivering a product and continues to use the market place, or an in world store, as a means to defraud people Linden Labs would be responsible for removing the said advertisement from their webpage and/or their in world store.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2950 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.