paypal with linked bank account still wont work

babygirlrachel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3055 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

i have a bank account linked to my paypal AND a paypal balance more then sufficient to cover the costs of buying l$, yet when i try to buy them, it still tells me that there is an error, and then i cant buy anything. i cant use  a prepaid credit card for obvious reasons, and im NOT getting a debt inducing credit card jsut to buy virtual clothing. anyone know what i can do to fix this? 

6 answers to this question

linked isn't enough, it has to be verified (controlled)

paypal will pay a few cents to it and adds a code, after you confirmed that it's verified.

Next to that, LL won't accept the account if the bank doesn't allow direct withdraw.

Because it's for real value tradings they don't give it out before the are sure to get the money too.

Well, first off, it SHOULD work, if you've gone through the "verification" process to link your bank account to PayPal and you have sufficient money in the PayPal account (not the bank account) to cover your $L purchase.  You could also take the extra step of telling PayPal to accept charges from Linden Research, Inc.  although that's not needed in most cases.

If you're sure you've done all that, contact Billing.  Numbers are at the end of this reply.

But besides that, you might also consider getting a regular credit card, even if you never use it with SL.  There are advantages to using a credit card instead of a bank debit card (as long as you pay off the balance every month and don't let those interest charges pile up!)  Credit cards have better fraud protection than debit cards, they are accepted more places, and they are safer to use on line, and in places like automatic card readers at the gas station.

US/Canada: 800-294-1067
France: 0805-101-490
Germany: 0800-664-5510
Japan: 0066-33-132-830
Portugal: 800-814-450
Spain: 800-300-560
UK: 0800-048-4646
Brazil: 0800-762-1132

Long distance ( not free, but you can use Skype to save some cost ) : 703-286-6277
**Note: Support is offered only in English

• Like 1

In what currency is your main PayPal account denominated?   I seem to recall there's a particular and non-obvious detail you have to set at the PayPal end of things if it's not a US$ account (I set up my PayPal linked with my UK bank account as my SL payment source 7 or 8 years ago, so I can't remember what I had to do, but I do seem to recall it took a few attempts to get it right).   

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3055 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.