SUMMER YAY!

koto Nizna

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4726 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I hate summer, truly hate it and never understood why people love it.
Heat, sun, noise, short nights, ewww.

So, just like in RL, summer will be spend with curtains closed trying to avoid going outside.

But in spring, I just popped out one afternoon for a picknick and listen to some music at the beach.

Listening to a suitcase gramophone that I made myself and sell.

I just love summer!!! Here in my little part of the world in rl it was 67 degrees farenheit and I definately have Spring Fever!  I can't wait to get out of the house more and enjoy the sunshine, now that the snow is finally gone.  Here's a picture from our sim, where we are lucky enough to have summer every day! :)

Evening in Paradis

Tem Haalan wrote:

What a great picture...... I'd love to know what a windlight setting is?

The words "windlight setting" actually don't mean much any more.  Windlight was a project name.  The project was to enhance the SL viewer with better graphics utilizing newer technologies on modern video cards.  The project has come and gone, but some of the benefits of that project are the advanced lighting and sky settings you can control.  It settings are part of the environment control and depending on the viewer you use, they can be  reached in various ways.  Phoenix, Emergence and Imprudence (if I remember correctly) can change the windlight preset from a list found by clicking on the button on the lower right of the screen.  Kerstin's has a short cut to the advanced atmospheric setting on the top bar just left of the "address bar."  You can pick a preset from the list or play with all the sliders and settings yourself.

Next, the "presets" are much like when setting the sun or time of day from the environment editor.  However, there are many more you can choose from.  TPV's usually include some of the more popular ones including Torly's which are great for doing some unusual effects.  For the standard V2 viewer, you can download an xml file that has most of these settings from here along with instructions on how to use them.  It is really very easy to install and use.

Anyway, that is probably more than you cared about.  If you have any questions or want to know more, just ask.

• 2 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4726 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.