Is this a discussion forum?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3272 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

MissTeriMahn wrote:

Or is it a help forum for people that are too lazy, incompetant or impatient to look things up for themselves in the right places?

Teri

((And where is the fun stuff around here?))

Hmmmm...maybe you should have asked this question in the answers section?

As for the answers section. I've not found it that helpful. You have to ask the right question to get your answer, phrased so the search engine recognizes what you are wanting. For some, it's not that easy, especially for ESL players. There are very experienced players in these forums and you can usually get an answer that makes more sense than what the answers section spits out. 

Spinwilly Saiman wrote:

mostly an insult forum.  Criticize the OP then immediately deviate off topic and plunge into a sea of random nonsense.

Hard to escape narrow minded ignorance as it runs deep through the fabric of our society.

No fix.

most likely i am one of them, but when seeing not the slightest interest of a poster to find even a little info by themself it's not that weird some responses are in line with the behaviour of the poster. Most questions are so often answered that a single search word will bring 10 or more answers /links/ solutions.

Next to that, as soon you don't agree with a poster's opinion it's taken as rude and insulting. Some seem not to like a straight forward answer, while it's not meant bad at all.

MissTeriMahn wrote:

Or is it a help forum for people that are too lazy, incompetant or impatient to look things up for themselves in the right places?

Do never underestimate the value of laziness regarding to some issues...It saves resources to use elsewhere, where it can be more important to do a bigger effort.

Bobbie Faulds wrote:

As for the answers section. I've not found it that helpful. You have to ask the right question to get your answer, phrased so the search engine recognizes what you are wanting. For some, it's not that easy, especially for ESL players. There are very experienced players in these forums and you can usually get an answer that makes more sense than what the answers section spits out. 

I think tha tthe essence of a discussion forum is that you give an answer to a different question than the one actually asked.

Teri

((If a question is asked.))

Muletta wrote:

MissTeriMahn wrote:

Do never underestimate the value of laziness regarding to some issues...It saves resources to use elsewhere, where it can be more important to do a bigger effort.

And how exactly is that of benefit to me?

Teri

((This is not a gratuitous charitable assistance forum; you have to find Hippie's thread for that.))

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3272 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.