Can't left click on avatar

tonytarheel

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3296 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

All of a sudden, I can't left click on my avi. Not on my main body, which is mesh, or my mesh breasts, which is especially frustrating, cause I cant access my breasts controls. When I left click on my avi or breasts, instead of getting my editing controls like before, my cursor quickly changes into the magnifying glass, and my camera zooms in and around me. How can I fix this?

tonytarheel wrote:

All of a sudden, I can't left click on my avi. Not on my main body, which is mesh, or my mesh breasts, which is especially frustrating, cause I cant access my breasts controls. When I left click on my avi or breasts, instead of getting my editing controls like before, my cursor quickly changes into the magnifying glass, and my camera zooms in and around me. How can I fix this?

Most viewers don't allow you to select worn mesh. If you need to edit something, though, try editing something else in-world, then, with the edit window active, select your body/body part.

You shouldn't need to click on your mesh body since all it's functions, at least for most, are on huds. As for the breasts, try clicking the area right under your chin and from the side rather than straight on. That way you get the invisible controller ball rather than the avi itself. That should solve the problem.

tonytarheel wrote:

All of a sudden, I can't left click on my avi. Not on my main body, which is mesh, or my mesh breasts,
which is especially frustrating, cause I cant access my breasts
controls. When I left click on my avi or breasts, instead of getting my editing controls like before, my cursor quickly changes into the magnifying glass, and my camera zooms in and around me. How can I fix this?

I, too, find it very frustrating when I can't control my breasts. 

Oh, you mean SL.  :matte-motes-bored:

I asked about this problem in world, and someone suggested it was my mouse. I'll try and get a new one. I have always been able to left click on my breasts to edit them, even since I downloaded the newest viewer. I have both Firestorm and SL viewres, and I'm experiencing this problem in both.

tonytarheel wrote:

I asked about this problem in world, and someone suggested it was my mouse. I'll try and get a new one. I have always been able to left click on my breasts to edit them, even since I downloaded the newest viewer. I have both Firestorm and SL viewres, and I'm experiencing this problem in both.

If you've started using "Advanced Lighting" recently that may be the problem. With "non-advanced" lighting you can click on an invisible object  but with "Advanced Lighting" on you can only select something that isn't completely transparent. To get around this you can hit "Ctrl-Alt-T" and that will highlight transparent objects.

I tried the "Ctrl-Alt-T", and it turned a buch of stuff red, which I guess is all the transparant stuff. But my boobs weren't one of them. But there was this big red ball next to me. I clicked on that, and got my breast controls. Now, how did my controls navigate beside me, and how do I gat them back to where they shoiuld be?

I don't have a mesh avi, so I'm only guessing. It sounds like your breast controls are brought up by clicking on an invisible prim that's normally located near your breasts. Somehow it got moved to a new position. Now, when you click where you are accustomed, you're clicking on yourself, not the control ball. You'll have to select it, then edit it back into the position you think it might have occupied before it was moved. I imagine that'll be a bit of trial and error, but it's not terribly difficult. Once it's back in position Ctrl-Alt-T will make it invisible again.

Before you run off and do that, it'd probably be wise to wait for confirmation from someone else. I'm skating on thin ice here.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3296 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.