What do people do in SL these days? I'm spending some more time in SL...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3363 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Quick post, So. Short. Fast. Here we go...

What do people do in SL these days?

Last things I did was wondering around looking at rental places and pondering a store. Two stores, technically because one would be above the other but anyway...yeah, boring huh?

Thanks for any answers, but then again are they really answers though? There is a question mark, but gossiping or complainging about the n00bs these days or complaining that nothing ever changes is complaining and gossipping? Gossip mark instead of a question mark should be invented? Rumor mark? Oh well.

Ok. Yeah...It is hard to do this...I must stop typing...ok.

Ok. Now.

No, now.

Bye.

I mean, later.

Ok. Bye.

I'd recommend getting a job, although it's not as easy as it sounds.

Acquire some skills that you might need, look around for a job and start working. That way you're not bored and you'll be getting 'free' L$. After work, talk to some close friend's that you've made and go shopping. And when you can, go to a venue to listen to a DJ or live performer.

I think that sums up pretty much everything that people do.

Listrix wrote:

I'd recommend getting a job, although it's not as easy as it sounds.

Acquire some skills that you might need, look around for a job and start working. That way you're not bored and you'll be getting 'free' L$. After work, talk to some close friend's that you've made and go shopping. And when you can, go to a venue to listen to a DJ or live performer.

I don't think Poenald was asking for advice, merely enquiring what floats people's boats.

[i, however, would recommend that you take some time out to read and understand a book on grammar.]

Listrix wrote:

I think that sums up pretty much everything that people do.

Ignoramus! You haven't even started scratching the surface of SL's potential activities.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for helpful responses.

I see 'identity' as being something that may sum up a few of them.

Shopping is another, obviously a big draw because there are a lot of stores.

Saving for something, that is intersting. I did save up for some things, did the whole store thing and got a few cars over the years when I was more active.Once I accidentally bought a dragster. I did decide I would use it to enter the race, which I didn't even need to have a car to do though. Sad. Funny thing is, the free car they had for people to use who didn't own a car was easier to line up and I used that. I think I won something, some cash but I was like third or something. I think there was only 4-5 people there, so didn't really get much out of it. Figured I would eventually use the car to put some textures on to advertise or something. Sadly, the whole thing changed ownership and the car was useless! Impermenance is all over SL. Oh well.

I socialized even, hung out and learned some things.

I explored mostly, still do drop in at a few places but do wonder around mainland. It is amazing to see half build homes that have been there for years. I remember this one store accross from a store location and building spot I had. It had been around a way long time. I thought it would never close, it did though. Wow, what a boring story lol. Ok, no more rambling about the oldin' days.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3363 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.