Second Life Research Questions - Help is needed!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3336 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everyone!

I'm a University student in England. I'm currently working on my final year paper about Video Games and their Health Benefits. I'm currently writing about escapism in the paper, and I was wondering if I could get a few of you to answer some questions.

Everythings will remain anonymous and I can assure you that this is purely for research methods only. 

There are a few questions I want to ask, so they are below if you are willing to answer them. It would really help me out a lot! If you don't feel comfortable answering some of them, don't worry, just leave them out. 

1) When did you start your Second Life membership?
2) How has Second Life helped you in real life, e.g - have you become more confident, able to tackle challenging situations a lot better, have you been able to rely on Second Life to help you to forget problems in real life etc.
3) How often do you use Second Life?

If you could put your age range in the answers that would be really really awesome. Once again, you don't have to, but it will help me out a lot.

Thanks guys!

Dominique 

lr3b5Zd.jpg

1. Quite a while ago.

2. I have become a more well-rounded person, increasing my competency to a point where I am able to function at a high level in many more aspects in my life. Such that, I find that I have increasingly more and more time to spend in SL.

3.All the time, it's good for me!

About 5 years.

Almost 9 years ago

2) How has Second Life helped you in real life, e.g - have you become more confident, able to tackle challenging situations a lot better, have you been able to rely on Second Life to help you to forget problems in real life etc.
I have met some new people and brought the friendship RL.

Daily

Age range:
Between 18 and dead.

ETA....

SL ISN'T A VIDEO GAME!!!

personaflash wrote:

Hello everyone!

I'm a University student in England. I'm currently working on my final year paper about Video Games and their
Health Benefits.

How long does it have to be?

Ten words or less would do it, I reckon.

Including the title, and your name.

Oh, I forgot to answer the questions.

A long time ago, in a galaxy far away.

2) How has Second Life helped you in real life?

It hasn't; my wife still refuses to divorce me.

You don't use Second Life; Second Life uses YOU!

If you need your respondees broken down by age and sex, then I definitely qualify.

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

ETA....

SL ISN'T A VIDEO GAME!!!

For the benefit and education for those who think it's a game here is a good article to read. :matte-motes-nerdy: :matte-motes-big-grin:

If Second Life isn't a game, what is it?

Second Life is a 3-D online virtual world where avatars do the kind of stuff real people do in real life: Buy stuff. Sell stuff. Gamble. Listen to music. Buy property. Flirt. Play games. Watch movies. Have sex.

But is it a game?

The mainstream press has struggled with how to characterize Second Life. The term “3-D online virtual world” doesn’t roll off the tongue as easily as the term “game.” And it’s a whole lot harder to get in a headline. But what is it, really?

Linden Lab, the company that created the platform that is Second Life, is emphatic that their creation is not a game. “There is no manufactured conflict, no set objective,” says spokesperson Catherine Smith. “It’s an entirely open-ended experience.”

The above is only a short quotation from the whole article.

I always was under the impression, that when reaching their final year, every student would be aware of how to create an online survey, if surveys are something they are going to need for writing papers.

Hint: This would make it a lot easier for you, trust me.

1. September 2008

2. Since joining Second Life, I find that I am able to leap tall buildings at a single bound.

3. Quite often.

I usually do not answer questions about my age, but because I considered your survey so valuable I decided to include that information:

My age is in the range 1 - 100.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3336 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.