Sound, namely music in world.

Charolotte Caxton

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3792 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

9 answers to this question

If you were hearing it fine and it simply stopped, it is possible that the sim is changing the stream or has lost the stream they had set.  To see if it is your client viewer, pop to another sim real quick..  If it is you, possibly a relog will straighten things out.

When you listen to an audio stream, you're using a fair amount of bandwidth.  If SL needs some of that bandwidth for transferring information between your client and its servers, the audio stream will cut out for a while.  For example, you'll notice that music disappears momentarily when you change outfits, because your client needs to bake the new outfit onto your avatar and then upload the updated graphics files so that they are visible in world.  The same thing will happen sometimes if you have other software (like your e-mail program) demanding bandwidth, or if you are using a wifi connection in a busy public area. 

Hi!  I am a host and have had to stop since having to use Firestorm because my music is not consistent.  It goes off and on and off.  And sometimes I can't even get it to turn on without rebooting.  Obviously I can't host like that.  What the heck do I do now???? 

Thanks in advance!!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3792 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.