Trap Clubs or Parties?

Lilyphilia

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3410 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Lilyphilia wrote:

Does anyone knowiftheres a Trap communityinSL? Maybe a club that plays it or events. If not perhaps you guys know of some good Hip Hop clubs? Thanks so much
:)

There are many Gor and BDSM communities that use lots of RLV traps, some how I don't think that's what you meant.

Looked it up and figured out what your talking about, if you search for Trap inworld or other places in SL make sure to include music in the search terms to avoid all the RLV trap related things that will likely other wise top the search placement. 

RLV traps can all so be hard to get out of, but haven't seen any one writing songs about it yet, maybe some Dom will force some one too.

I don't know of any clubs that specialize in trap, however if you search for electronic, EDM, dub, crunk and similar genres you're more likely to find places that at least play trap. Since most people confuse trap for something else, or confuse something else for trap, you need to look for any closely related genres and subgenres in order to find it. In most places trap didn't really make headlines until at least 2010, at the earliest, and 2012 at the latest. Now there are tons of artists who specialize, but that's in rl....in sl, you're still more likely to find people who have no clue what it is, or, if heard, they'll tell you it's something else :)

Lily when you said Trap Club I was thinking this...

Trap Shooting.png

You got me all excited since I used to do this a lot in my younger days in Real Life. :P

...then I read on and saw Hip-Hop and my DJ mentality kicked in...

Try reading...

http://www.slenquirer.com/2013/11/shout-outs-to-some-talented-djs-in.html

:D

trap

just a fyi for anyone reading

+

UGK - da game been good to me

+

trap originate in Atlanta Georgia. Is not so much a style of music but a name for the place/space. the trap we are in. The music is about this

trap have huge influence on many muso from other styles. like in Texas (which is mentioned at start of the vid above). Not just in hiphop but others as well as it enable crossover. like xicano out of Chicago and New York and also southern rock

some artists influenced by trap are Queens of the Stone Age, Santana, Everlast and lots others

Santana feat. Everlast - put your lights on

It would be hard to find a club that specifically plays trap. Hip Hop clubs open and close frequently so your best bet is to make a few friends that host or DJ and go to those. Unfortunately with that, you're going to open yourself up to a lot of random TPs and sometimes strange conference spam. It's a scene that's a little misunderstood on this forum so it's best to ask inworld.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3410 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.