Favorite External Script Editors

Lexie Linden

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1331 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• 2 years later...

Most of comments are between 2011 and 2012. Does somebody knows any actualization or new editors to work with them in 2020, viewers and computers x64, Windows 10, etc.? I ask this because I am learning scripting and saw this https://www.hypergridbusiness.com/2018/03/new-lsl-editor-released/

Edited by Beggar Mayo
Adding complementary information with a external link

5 hours ago, Beggar Mayo said:

Most of comments are between 2011 and 2012. Does somebody knows any actualization or new editors to work with them in 2020, viewers and computers x64, Windows 10, etc.? I ask this because I am learning scripting and saw this https://www.hypergridbusiness.com/2018/03/new-lsl-editor-released/

I also use Sublime Text, but not the Builder's Brewery (=BB=) addon as it's too incomplete.

I'll copypaste what I said in the other thread linked by KT, slightly paraphrased:

I'm using Sublime Text 3. Last I checked, the BB addon isn't up to date with current LSL functions/constants. I would recommend a package called just "LSL", I have version 2.6.3 from github.com/Makopo/sublime-text-lsl (installed through Install Package, it works with Sublime Text 2 & 3).

b7fad26c9a.png

Very short video: http://puu.sh/GoJGI/97730b2488.webm

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Like 1

i typically use whichever code editor comes in the box

apart from things like Watch and Breakpoint, a thing I would quite like in the Linden viewer code editor is auto complete for API functions. events and reserved words. I can never remember the parameters and keep having to look them up on the wiki. The editor does have reserved word tool tips but the tooltip closes when we type

I’m using Atom. It has all the qualities I need in a script editor.

Dark themes, syntax highlighting, find/replace, and autocomplete for LSL and - more importantly - my variable & custom function names.  Pleasant surprises are things like auto-quotes/brackets/parentheses; auto "", (), or [] a block-selection; block-selection indent in/out; {}, [], () pair highlight; and diff-pane; and the always-awesome mini-map overview to quickly scroll through code, show highlighted in-view/current line and highlight find/replace results.

For LSL:  Settings->Install->Search "LSL"->Install "language-lsl"... For other niceties, install: "minimap", "minimap-cursorline", "minimap-find-and-replace", and "split-diff"

Edited by DoteDote Edison
Additional Package Install Details
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1331 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.