uhhh ... so a complete folder of purchased things + the original gift box thing went missing

Splatulated

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3671 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

when i search for it all i can find is the parts i copied to a different folder ...

also it was bought as a gift so i can just ask the creator (if they even play any more this thing is ancient) for a new copy 

what i lost the folders for was this 

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Pixie-Shape-ESPECIAL-ELF-EDITION-The-most-beautiful-and-realistic-shapes/3427394

both the unpacker and the folder the unpacker gives you are gone i never deleted them 

That market place page gives the contents of the folder so you could check that you are looking up the right names of the things.

If that doesn't help then you could have a corrupt inventory cache in which case you could try clearing it. After you clean it you have to load it all agian which can take a bit of time, so give it some time before you start looking again.

Here is my collection of Inventory Recovery Info and Tips.  http://lagalleriasl.blogspot.com/p/recovering-lost-inventory.html

Some people are never interested in learning how to manage inventory and its problems, but I consider it a basic skill, like learning to use a toilet plunger if you are a home owner. 

Splatulated wrote:

when i search for it all i can find is the parts i copied to a different folder ...

also it was bought as a gift so i can just ask the creator (if they even play any more this thing is ancient) for a new copy 

both the unpacker and the folder the unpacker gives you are gone i never deleted them 

• Did you think you were getting that entire Avatar, clothes and all?  If so you misunderstood what you were getting.  Look at the ad again.
  • That comes "unpacked and ready to use," so we do not undersand what you were unpacking?  (ETA, I purchased the DEMO and it came unpacked.)

Perrie Juran wrote:

Splatulated wrote:

• Did you think you were getting that entire Avatar, clothes and all?  If so you misunderstood what you were getting.  Look at the ad again.
  • That comes "unpacked and ready to use," so we do not undersand what you were unpacking?  (ETA, I purchased the DEMO and it came unpacked.)

ok then just the folder is missing 

the stuff is copy and mod no transfer 

i put copies in a new folder and left originals alone 

but the originals are missing 

i know it doesnt come with the skin or clothes  also the suggested clothes and skin which were in a note card that came with it are no longer sold on SL 

but also the note cards are missing and the item shop texture thing most items come with 

Splatulated wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Splatulated wrote:

i know it doesnt come with the skin or clothes  also the suggested clothes and skin which were in a note card that came with it are no longer sold on SL 

but also the note cards are missing and the item shop texture thing most items come with 

Why do you need the originals if you have copies?

Did you actually copy the originals or did you just drag them out of your "recieved items" folder?

I've no idea what a "item shop texture thing most items come with" is here.

Have you used your "recent items tab" to try and isolate the items?

Do you know how the "recent items tab" works?

If you don't, this page explains it:  http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Inventory

If you are unable to find them following the instructions for the "recent items tab" then I have no other ideas.

ETA: the pictures on that page may be a different color than in your Viewer Thingy, but they still work the same.

Perrie Juran wrote:

Splatulated wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Splatulated wrote:

Why do you need the originals if you have copies?

Did you actually copy the originals or did you just drag them out of your "recieved items" folder?

I've no idea what a "item shop texture thing most items come with" is here.

Have you used your "recent items tab" to try and isolate the items?

Do you know how the "recent items tab" works?

If you don't, this page explains it: 

If you are unable to find them following the instructions for the "recent items tab" then I have no other ideas.

ETA: the pictures on that page may be a different color than in your Viewer Thingy, but they still work the same.

recent items tab wont show me them because the items that went missing arnt recent and that seems only to record stuff i got during that session and goes blank next time i relog

i tried clearing cache 3 times and then updating teh viewer still no results for any of this 

****~* SHAPES by Gia Tyles *~****   Copy, Modify, Transfer

Gia recomends for Pixie   Copy

Gia's Natural Breast/Buttocks Physics (WEAR)   CopyInfo   Copy

Pixie Eyebrows   Copy, Modify

Pixie Shape   Copy, Modify

Pixie by Gia Tyles   Transfer

Splatulated wrote:

recent items tab wont show me them because the items that went missing arnt recent and that seems only to record stuff i got during that session and goes blank next time i relog

When you're looking in the Recent-Items tab, change the value of your inventory filter ... change it to "7 days" for instance, and you'll see everything that landed in your inventory for the past week.

Dana Dielli wrote:

Splatulated wrote:

When you're looking in the Recent-Items tab, change the value of your inventory filter ... change it to "7 days" for instance, and you'll see everything that landed in your inventory for the past week.

how ?

http://i.imgur.com/lCNW8Aw.png

Splatulated wrote:

Dana Dielli wrote:

Splatulated wrote:

how ?

The answer was on the page I linked.

You are going to need to read it yourself.

Splatulated wrote:

i tried clearing cache 3 times and then updating teh viewer still no results for any of this 

****~* SHAPES by Gia Tyles *~****

Copy, Modify, Transfer

Gia recomends for Pixie

Copy

Gia's Natural Breast/Buttocks Physics (WEAR)

Copy
Info

Copy

Pixie Eyebrows

Copy, Modify

Pixie Shape

Copy, Modify

Pixie by Gia Tyles

Transfer

Those were what you used in the search box? If so, you're being WAY too specific. Try searching just Pixie, Gia, Shape, etc.  If it pulls anything up, click it, and then clear the search box so that the whole folder will show and not just the exact named item. 

edited to clarify, search just "Pixie"  or just "Gia". Try searching just one word at a time. 

UncommonTruth wrote:

Splatulated wrote:

****~* SHAPES by Gia Tyles *~****

Copy, Modify, Transfer

Gia recomends for Pixie

Copy

Gia's Natural Breast/Buttocks Physics (WEAR)

Copy
Info

Copy

Pixie Eyebrows

Copy, Modify

Pixie Shape

Copy, Modify

Pixie by Gia Tyles

Transfer

Those were what you used in the search box? If so, you're being WAY too specific. Try searching just Pixie, Gia, Shape, etc.  If it pulls anything up, click it, and then clear the search box so that the whole folder will show and not just the exact named item. 

edited to clarify, search just "Pixie"  or just "Gia". Try searching just one word at a time. 

i do just search pixie and gia the only results are what is in my own custom folder not the original folder it came from 

inv 1.JPGinv 2.JPG

Aethelwine wrote:

The received items folder isn't normally included in search anyway.

WOW.  Didn't know that with the Official Viewer.

It IS shown in Firestorm.

I guess they think no one ever leaves anything in it.  I've got some old items in mine I've never unpacked or used.

/me scratches my head

P.S., Splat, the Notecard with the information may simply be named "Info." 

This is a reason why you need to look at the page I linked and figure out how to set your filters.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3671 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.