How can I change my date of birth ?

jwjaii

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3585 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Some people do just wander into the SL website, mash their keyboard where it says "date of birth" and rush to download the viewer.

I don't think people's enthusiasm/carelessness should give them problems later on. They should difinitely be able to change it if a mistake was made. Especially if they can prove their real birthdate with a passport or some other document.

But at the same time I can see why LL might have a problem.

its a very serious matter, I was banned from SL for more than 3 months with my hundreds thousand of linden in my account.. because when LL ask my DOB I gave them a wrong answer..!

I forgot what DOB that I filled when I register SL at the first time :D but fortunately they released me after I send them my RL passport, so better to consider this seriously

mew mew ma mew :matte-motes-asleep-2:

I change my birthdate everytime someone askes me how old i am , so its easy.

oh , you were unlucky about that, i forgot my password once, and i phoned them. When they asked i just said, i have no idea what i put down, i never answer those questions truthfully, and the guy just said ok, and reset my password.

Congratulations !!! Again, SecondLife could ruin my experience here. I asked for help ticket explaining the problem but did not answer me and eliminated my account ... I asked to remove the account but I did it because I thought I could create a new account using the same nick name, but now I can not faze- it. All because SecundLife is not at all interested in helping us have a good experience. Should not have deleted my account without speaking anything, ignoring my ticekt where I explained the problem ...

PS: I will not respond to some comments here because they can only be written by people with mental health problems

The main reason why I bought OculusRift was SecundLife. I chose my nickname and bought jwjaii.com domain, to create a website for my avatar ... and now just because I wrote the wrong date of birthday I can no longer have my nick name back? That's not fair

Phil Deakins

"Get reincarnated."

I thought this forum was a support forum but I was wrong. Instead, it appears that only serves to unnecessary comments, nasty and stupid speculations. I thought the SecundLife were a more tolerant and friendly place

pedrw wrote:

Congratulations !!! Again, SecondLife could ruin my experience here. I asked for help ticket explaining the problem but did not answer me and eliminated my account ...

Unfortunately you broke the rules when making your account. Making a ticket saying that "I want to change my date of birth" was clear indication to Linden Lab that you had not provided accurate true information. That could be the reason that your account got deleted.

Had you explained that you had made an error at registration by giving a wrong date of birth and then providing a copy of document to Linden Lab (for example copy of passport) then it might be that Linden Lab would have accepted the explanation and would not have deleted your account.

Look here:

http://lindenlab.com/tos#tos4

4. ACCOUNT REGISTRATION AND BILLING

4.1 You must establish an account to use certain aspects of the Service, using true and accurate registration information.

Except for certain Linden Software or portions of the Websites which Linden Lab allows users to access without registration, you must establish an Account with Linden Lab to use the Service. You agree to provide accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the registration form ("Registration Data") and to use the account management tools provided to keep your Registration Data accurate, current and complete.

[unquote]

Is not true. What you're talking about is just speculation.

1) I was wrong on the anniversary date

2) I tried to fix the problem but was unable

3) I thought I was eliminated my account I could create a new

4) I deleted my account but could not create a new account with the same nick-name

5) I asked for help ticket and forum The problem here is lack of dialogue with customers

PS: I'm using Google translator

I doubt you will get your old nickname back..

My husband messed up when he registered and clicked the wrong birthday year and  didn't realize it and spent 7 days going back and forth with LL trying to fix it..

He just finally made a new account and send them all the information tey ask for and he had to lose the nick name he wanted..

they kept telling him that when the account turned 18 he could go to moderate and higher,but until then that account would be just general restricted..

omg he was so pissed lol

pedrw wrote:

What has an anniversary date to do with changing your date of birth, and account creation?

I don't know anymore what you are talking about.

I might have speculated something in my post (because it is not entirely clear what you mean by "How can I change my date of birth"). Now you are talking about anniversary date. I'm "a bit" confused now.

Anyway, Linden Lab Terms of Service (TOS) is not speculation.

Coby Foden wrote:

pedrw wrote:

What has an anniversary date to do with changing your date of birth, and account creation?

I don't know anymore what you are talking about.

I might have speculated something in my post (because it is not entirely clear what you mean by "How can I change my date of birth"). Now you are talking about anniversary date. I'm "a bit" confused now.

Anyway, Linden Lab Terms of Service (TOS) is not speculation.

He said the uses google translate to write English...so he could even mean his birthdate or anything else... at this point I'm confused as well.

Unfortunately, there is much lack of support in SecundLife. The first time I created an account on SecundLife, there are three months ago, I paid 30 days, but could not use. Because the body of my avatar was always deformed and stretched. I went back again and again I'm in trouble. All this would be easily solved with a little support

pedrw wrote:

Phil Deakins

"Get reincarnated."

I thought this forum was a support forum but I was wrong. Instead, it appears that only serves to unnecessary comments, nasty and stupid speculations. I thought the SecundLife were a more tolerant and friendly place

You should try using Google's humour translator as well as the language translator ;)

pedrw wrote:

I do not remember what date of birth I include in the register. But when I tried to get in SecundLife I received a message that I could not enter the adult content, lol

Aha! That's what it's about. You entered a ficticious date of birth that makes you too young for adult places. Or maybe you entered the correct date of birth and the correct one means you are too young to go to adult places. If it was ficticious, you broke the rules and it is your fault. If it was the correct date, you cannot go to adult places.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3585 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.