Cat ran across keyboard!! Now hands are stuck in a crossed position!!

Grace Evanier

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3868 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Ok, my lovely bratty cat decided to take a shortcut on my keyboard, now my hands are stuck out in front of me!  Boy I look stupid. lol  I've detached everything, cleared cache, I can stop animating my avatar, but as soon as I walk again, they go back.  My other avatar does not do this. I'm using 2.0 btw. I even unstalled the viewer and reinstalled to no avail.  I've looked everywhere for an answer, and I've never seen this before.

Any help would be appreciated!

photo attached.

grace crossed hands_001.png

yes, you can call me a dork.

14 answers to this question

• Lindens

For a dork, pretty sharp of you to take a picture! At least you aren't doing violent gang signs, hehe.

Did you also try the ol' teleport to another region? Especially into a parcel where scripted objects are disabled and tried walking along the ground? Objects can still animate you if you give them permission, even if they're attached. (And I wonder if your cat figured out something the rest of us haven't.)

Oh no!! what a *cat*astrophy . . . . .

*facepaws*

It looks to me like your cat may have either triggered a collar or AO animation which would go some way to explaining why you go back to normal when using stop animations.

If you stop animations then detach everything can you then walk normally?

If you detach everything and stop animation can you walk normally?

If you can then you will need to attach things one by one to see what is causing it (only prim items, ordinary clothes layer clothes will not affect it.)

Once you find out which is causing the problem, you should either be able to touch it to get the menu or use a chat command to turn it off  If you dont know the chat comamnds and the touch doesnt bring up a menu, try right clicking it, going intop edit and then contents to see if there is a help notecard in it which shoudl give you the command(s).

HTH  Canis

P.S. If this doesnt work I am at a loss

Yes, tried a different shape.  Contacted live support, they took control of her (that was creepy to watch), they reset her, it didn't work.  Told me to file a ticket.  Anyone want to bet this doesn't get resolved?

Thanks for the suggestion Ravin. hugs

Hello Grace, if it still happens when you have detached all and wearing the default avatar, could it be an animation within a Gesture?

Search your Inventory for (active) and deactivate each one individually.

If not try,

• Right click on your Avatar and select Detach  All

Step 1: Display Advanced menu

The Advanced menu contains useful but entirely   optional settings for Second Life  Residents. See this  article for details on how to make the Advanced menu appear.

Step 2: Choose Test Male or Test Female

1. Go  to Advanced > Character > Character    Tests.
  2. Choose either Test  Male or Test Female.

Unplug  the modems and routers for a full minute, then  plug them  back in.

Before  logging in,  Clear the  Cache from Outside Second Life The Disk Cache location can be  checked from the login screen Preferences > Setup or Network. Log  into Region Pooley or Aqua, see Changing  your login location and let the Inventory fully load.

While  still at Pooley, wear your usual clothing and attachments, individually  from original Inventory folders.

YAYYYY!!!  Bobsknief!!!  That was exactly the problem!!  Thank you so much.   Deleted the basket and Grace is better now....well except for having log in issues this morning .

Thank you all for all your suggestions.

Oh, and a sincere apology to my cat, sorry I blamed you Blackie. huggies

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3868 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.