How to create an experience after beta is over?

Loki Eliot

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3523 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Lindens

There are two ways you can do this:

1) The key you recieved is yours to keep. We are giving that away as a "thank you" for helping us test out this new feature. This key can be applied to more than one experience. However, if your key gets shut down for any violations all experiences under that key will be affected.

2) Our plan is to offer a key to Premium members once we roll out the product (that's a second key for Beta participants who are Premium members). We're still working out the details on how to offer additional keys to non-Premium residents. More on this option soon.

What about grid-wide experience keys? I have at least 3 products I'm envisioning that would require access the kvp store from anywhere on the grid, all of them HUDs. I'm willing to pay a significant purchase price for one as I think the cost is worth the benefits for the kvp store access alone. Hopefully they will be included in the future pricing/availability options.

For all practical purposes, anything you use a given key for is part of the same experience; that's what defines an experience.

You could use it for things that are not otherwise related to each other, but internally they are all relying on the same key, so if the key is turned off, they all turn off.

OK but i see that , say with my Escapades Island experience, its got its own Profile with a picture of the island and a description. 

Im also working on a Cyberpunk experience and have a Steampunk experience. Can i make new experience profiles for those using the same Experience Key? or will i need to get new keys in order to create new Experience Profiles?

Loki Eliot wrote:

Im also working on a Cyberpunk experience and have a Steampunk experience. Can i make new experience profiles for those using the same Experience Key? or will i need to get new keys in order to create new Experience Profiles?

It must be the latter, as far as I can see. And that's just one reason why public Experiences should be limited to a single, coherent bundle of scripted interactions. Another is the semantics of end-user permission grants. Residents should be able to understand what it is to which they're granting permissions, and not have it enable unrelated engagements.

The bottom line, then, is that there are reasons why (some) individuals will need to create multiple distinct experiences. As another example, some scripters will want to offer multiple distinct pre-packaged Experience-dependent products.

Hence, however the proliferation of Experiences is managed -- and it does need to be managed -- it needs to be possible for a single account to obtain control of more than one.

as simple as say...

Loki: Hey Ozzy, can i haz another experience key?

Oz Linden: Way of course Loki, here have a a whole heap of them to play with (throws Keys at Loki)

Loki: aww wow Ozzy, you da best Linden EVER!

Oz Linden: Well yes i know, now of you go you little scamp!

Just walk away.

Give me the scripts, the experience keys, the parcels, and the whole region, and I'll spare your lives. 

Just walk away. I will give you safe passage in The Wastelands.

Just walk away and there will be an end to the horror.

I await your answer. You have one full day to decide.

roadwarriorhumungus.png

p.s. More keys pls.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3523 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.