How to write a quick SL wind sail script ?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3618 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

mirbaz wrote:

Can scripts make fully furnished static luxury yacths drivable?

its not furnished at all 

just 3 decks with randomly textured interior 

its not on marketplace even though creator has a shop so hopefully if creator is willing sell it throuh ingame only it wont cost all my L$

There are scripts that will make them driveable.  it makes things so script heavy, expect for were ever you place it to get returned to inventory if you do this.

So some wise words.  find small things to play iwth and remember Answers and the wiki and google will get you most answers, so the forums are not polluted.

Very quick point to make. SL vehicle scripts can only handle physics-based movement for a linkset of 32 prims (minus one per passenger, I believe). This means most static ship builds simply contain too many prims.

There are ways around this, often called non-physical vehicles, so you need to know what kind of script you're looking for.

Kelli May wrote:

Very quick point to make. SL vehicle scripts can only handle physics-based movement for a linkset of 32 prims (minus one per passenger, I believe). This means most static ship builds simply contain too many prims.

There are ways around this, often called non-physical vehicles, so you need to know what kind of script you're looking for.

idk what im looking for in scripts i just want to sail a large ship with multiple decks in open waters 

Splatulated wrote:

... and if cant write the script how much would it cost for a copy of teh script ?

There you go:

http://www.free-lsl-scripts.com/cgi/freescripts.plx?Category=Boat

Good luck. :matte-motes-smile:

[Edit]

You might also need these:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LSL_Portal

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LSL_Tutorial

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Getting_started_with_LSL

Splatulated wrote:

idk what im looking for in scripts i just want to sail a large ship with multiple decks in open waters 

Assuming you really mean sail using the SL wind, then go buy a ship that is scripted to sail already and not a static one.  There are scripts available but they require a lot of configuration and you have to know what you are doing to do that, which you don't.  

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

Splatulated wrote:

Assuming you really mean sail using the SL wind, then go buy a ship that is scripted to sail already and not a static one.  There are scripts available but they require a lot of configuration and you have to know what you are doing to do that, which you don't.  

but only sailable boat with an interior deck is a warspite and its really really cramped on the hieght of cieling

Splatulated wrote:

Amethyst Jetaime wrote:

Splatulated wrote:

but only sailable boat with an interior deck is a warspite and its really really cramped on the hieght of cieling

I'm currently standing on the lower deck of the ship I assume you think is too cramped. It has much more ceiling space than an actual real-world ship of that age would have.

So, you have two options:

1) Use the beautifully crafted free ship you already have which apparently does everthing you want except for meeting your unrealistic expectations about interior space.

OR:

2) Learn to script - however, that will also entail your learning how to obtain information in such a way that won't result in everyone you meet wanting to crush you like bug. I'm sure you could use that particular skill in real life too, eventually.

In Tradewinds Yacht Club there is this free boat, inside it has a sailing script, full perms. You have to make some changes to work in your boat, but not that difficult if you know the basics of script.

Try first with a simpler boat, no more than a hull and a sail, to see how it works

4487eb7a4b8204809f1d14759fcb2fad[1].png

For boats with high LI, it is possible to make them driveable. I've seen boats up to 512 LI fully navigable, but the high impact of them will give you many problems :-)

Or she could do the right thing and follow Penny Patton's suggestions about a better, more practical camera setting. The standard SL camera is crappola, it sits much too high and gives you an almost birds eye view on your avie. Some easy changes in CameraRearview and you're all set.

I was about to recommend the BBK script as well, Vania, but then I thought regarding the reputation of OP and her unrealistic and clueless expectations, better not get involved in this.

Oh hey, in that photo of TYC, isn't that my good friend and fellow TrYC Race Directrice, Lucy Afarensis in her petite shape?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3618 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.