Changing from Adult to Child avatar... please help

LittlePrincessEm

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3585 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, 

this is my second day on SL. I can't figure out how to change my avatar from an adult to a child.

Something went wrong along the way and now my avatar has a squashed woman's body, with giant hands, short stubby arms, and giant feet (Sometimes they're upside down or where the knees should be)  I have no idea how to fix it xD

I would like to be a complete child avatar. 

Any help would be appreciated, I don't know how to fix this lol!

LittlePrincessEm wrote:

Hello, 

this is my second day on SL. I can't figure out how to change my avatar from an adult to a child.

Something went wrong along the way and now my avatar has a squashed woman's body, with giant hands, short stubby arms, and giant feet (Sometimes they're upside down or where the knees should be)  I have no idea how to fix it
xD

I would like to be a complete child avatar. 

Any help would be appreciated, I don't know how to fix this lol!

It sounds like you're wearing a shape that's designed to be worn with a deformer, separate prim parts, and possibly an alpha mask. Feet appearing where your knees should be is usually an indication of a deformer running (an animation that twists the body forming non-standard shapes). It's possible (as previously mentioned) that you're wearing a demo shape - demos often have large feet & hands - but this could just be the design of a shape that's intended to be hidden.

Check the child avatar folder for other components you should be wearing. If there aren't any, and you unpacked the avatar from an object, unpack it again. Make sure you give it plenty of time to unpack: sometimes conditions are laggy and the whole folder can take longer than you expect to appear. 

They are all great suggestions and very true. Many of the smaller shapes (under 4'5") are going to be "deformed" and will need you to add an alpha layer to hide the Linden Genepool body. The basic Genepool body won't go smaller than what you would see ona 10 year old, so tricks are used to make us smaller.

Search for and seek out the Secondlife Children or SL Kids group, ask and find nice PG places that are safe to go to and make some friends to help you out. There are a heck of a lot of friendly kids who would happily help.

Good luck, and remember, try and stick to things a real kid will do, the experience is worth it the more you try and recapture real innocence!

Loki Elliot I believe, has a free 'shape and starter kid' for child avatars that can be a handy initial reference. He also sells a number of G-rated outfits that fit fairly well. Mostly for boys but they work well with girls too.

Akeyo sells an amazingly well done but rather expensive AO too (minute long animations that individually tell mini-stories).

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3585 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.