Region handshake fail

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3778 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

imagine this would happen with popular console game on Xbox Live or PSN where there are millions of players not 38,000 where there is no 6 Billion USD Economy... heads would roll, a sh*t storm would be over the devlopers heads and people would be really mad. Somehow SL people are really understanding and kind. Maybe we shouldn't be too understanding and forgiving, without pressure they seem to feel they can keep on dragging this repetetive problem over 2 months!

Steph Catseye wrote:

imagine this would happen with popular console game on Xbox Live or PSN where there are millions of players not 38,000 where there is no 6 Billion USD Economy... heads would roll, a sh*t storm would be over the devlopers heads and people would be really mad. Somehow SL people are really understanding and kind. Maybe we shouldn't be too understanding and forgiving, without pressure they seem to feel they can keep on dragging this repetetive problem over 2 months!

Have you ever read any of the Forums for World of War Craft, Xbox Live, etc, etc, etc.

You might be in for a rude awaking for just how many problems people can and do have.

I hope this maintenance fixes what wrong with sl cos it.s buggered.
The other night my partner said she was going to the loo and would be back in 5 min. i waited and waited, half an hour she never returned, an hour she never returned, i was beside myself, i thought something had happened to her. i live in Canada and she the UK so i had no way of knowing.
We have been together 6 years in sl and she has always returned., we actually were dancing in SL when she went to go to the loo, so she was still dancing in SL an hour later with me.
Anyway, i thought i would restart the island to log her out, i really was worried about her, she lives alone so if something happened to her no one would know. right away.
All this time the web said she was online, my radar showed she was online.
I did the restart and watched the web to see if she was logged out, she was'nt, i logged back on and she was online but not on the island, i tried to teleport to her but wound up under my ocean, at that point she went off line.Next day she couldn't understand what i was talking about, she said she came back from the loo and i was standing there, ( to me we were dancing ) and i did not answer her on chat, so she eventually said goodnight and logged out after i did not respond.
It baffles me how that could happen, 6 years in sl and nothing like that has happened, its like she was in an alternate sl universe, we were dancing in mine but standing in hers

Might also want to ask why today's work resulted in more of the same problems and worse.  Not only could I again not log in until I reloaded inventory, when I logged, I had to load it again, also I entered in a place I had not been for hours and not the place I  had logged froml a good bit of time was missing from my record and the notecards I had gotten during the lost time were missing.  It seems apparent that LL has serious problems at the moment and that many of these revolve around log ins and inventory and other basic game functions .

A this point it is impossible to say whether these problems are occurring by design or accident or through poor planning and programming, but what is certain is that if they are not fixed soon they will lead to another mass exodus from SL and frankly I am not sure either the game or its already wounded economy can stand another such event.  Given the Lindens record I do not expect them to acknowledge responsibility for this situation and instead to use their surrogates to place the blame on our computers or isps or connections, and to those I say, until last Friday things were working fine and nothing has changed in any of these areas though a great deal apparently has changed and not for the better in SL and if the condition is not stabilized soon much more will change and I doubt any of us including LL will be satisfied with the results, so whether you choose to take responsibility for this mess or not at the very least please try to do something about it before it is too late.

I logged in this morrning and my security system informed me this four times

Security Panel FULL: The scripts in this panel stopped running 0 hours, 1 minutes, and 3 seconds ago, but are running again as of now. Possible causes: Sim was restarted, Scripts were turned off, or SL was down.

I logged in at about 12.50pm just now and got the same message.

So something is going on,i never get that message unless i do a restart or we havea rolling restart.

So my sim has been restarted 5 times so far today

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3778 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.