Region handshake fail

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3617 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Okay, so I was on last night, no problems.  Sign off, go to bed, wake up this morning and boom: fail login at region handshake fail.

So, I researched the problem and have tried the following:

Making an alt to see if I'm ghosting, alt cannot log in either (fail at region handshake)

Rebooting computer

Rebooting router

Using Googled DNS

Trying LL viewer

Making breakfast and coming back

Taking off firewall

Editing firewall from auto to allow

Any more suggestions to try?  Is anyone else having this problem?

[Posted 7:57 AM PDT, 20 May 2014] We are currently undergoing unscheduled maintenance on some of our primary systems. During this maintenance, various functions, including logins, may be unavailable. Please refrain from rezzing no-copy objects and making L$ transactions until the all clear is given.

Mandichi Ishmene wrote:

Okay, so I was on last night, no problems.  Sign off, go to bed, wake up this morning and boom: fail login at region handshake fail.

So, I researched the problem and have tried the following:

Making an alt to see if I'm ghosting, alt cannot log in either (fail at region handshake)

Rebooting computer

Rebooting router

Using Googled DNS

Trying LL viewer

Making breakfast and coming back

Taking off firewall

Editing firewall from auto to allow

Any more suggestions to try?  Is anyone else having this problem?

The good news. the problem isn't your end. The bad new SL is going through unsecheduled mainteneance. so your're not the only person who hasnt been able to login

Just to say I'm getting the same problem here right now (7.30pm gmt).

Was on fine a few hours ago but now nothing but handshake problems - went through the whole rigmarole of updating firestorm, clearing cache, resetting router, disabling firewalls (despite them not being a problem a few hours earlier), adding permissions to firewalls... ah well.

Let's hope it gets fixed shortly

yes i am to i called secondlife and they said its due to maintenance told me to try again in  ahour.here i was freaking out thinking it was my viewer i use firstorm so i reinstalled it wasnt that, they are just working on the sight. so rest assure thats the only reason.now i dont know why they pick this time of the day when i am awake to do this i have people waiting on me:matte-motes-evil:

"Unscheduled Maintenance" - n. - A fancy way of saying, "Hey, we messed something up, we don't know what, can't tell you when it'll be fixed, and who cares if you have time commitments in SL.  It's SL."

Been trying to get on since 9am.  It's now 11:38am, have to be at my SL "job" at noon.  Think I'll make it?  I'm not holding my breath, but I AM annoyed.

Bahahahaha, Oh man, I agree, we do need to get better RL if we are all waiting around for SL to get back up... Not even afraid to admit it.

At least I wasn't the only one to do a whole spiel of checking things on my end :D

I guess it's a good thing though, I'm doing laundry now.

Unscheduled Maintenance

Posted by Status Desk on May 20th, 2014 at 12:29 pm PDT

[updated 12:29 PM PDT 20 May 2014]  Logins are opening, but we’ll be monitoring the system for awhile before giving the ALL CLEAR.

If you attempt to login and appear to stall, please be patient and try riding your first login effort all the way in world. This will help keep the initial login surge down.

[updated 11:40 AM PDT, 20 May 2014] We’re still working on these issues. We’ll keep you posted.

[Posted 7:57 AM PDT, 20 May 2014] We are currently undergoing unscheduled maintenance on some of our primary systems. During this maintenance, various functions, including logins, may be unavailable. Please refrain from rezzing no-copy objects and making L$ transactions until the all clear is given.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3617 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.