NEW VERSION UPDATE

Hairdo917 Flaks

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3686 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

8 answers to this question

The latest version is 3.7.3.287491 and you get it where you always get it, by clicking on the "Download Second Life" link at the bottom of this web page!

If you wish to do a clean install, here's how...

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/How-to-uninstall-and-reinstall-Second-Life/ta-p/1375231

;-)

ETA: (to Lindal)...

Pfft!

• Like 1

That's a really good question. I was about to point to the version on the downloads page myself, but I noticed that there have been 5 more updates since March 6, when 3.7.3.284791 was released. Because of the way the OP asked the question, I thought maybe that he wasn't satisfied with 3.7.3.284791 and wanted the absolute most recent update. According to the notes, it's not much different, except for a few bug fixes.

There is the "Official" Released version and the versions in "The Release Channel" - Once a change to the Server Code arrives that requires a "Mandatory" upgrade the lids at LL up the appropriate "The Release Channel" version to current released status. I've been a "The Release Channel" tester [aka guinea pig] ever since they started using this new RC system.

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_Release/3.7.4.288282 - This is a maintenance release that has no functional changes compared to release 3.7.3.287491.

The above release bypasses 3 other releases, One of which was a standalone crash fix test; another of which includes a non-logging version of the FMOD media Library which turns off the FMOD logging - released to help with diagnoising the one again off again issues some people were having with sound. The next to last was a more often reporting version to help with the same crash issues.

So the most current release is the same as http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/Release_Notes/Second_Life_Release/3.7.3.287491 and still includes the advanced FMOD Crash logging parameters.

When you need a new version you can always Google Second Life download. That route is usually easier to remember. The search result will take you to the main download page for SL. That page ALWAYS has the latest main release of the viewer.

Generally you do not need to get a new version of the viewer. In Preferences -> Setup there is an option to get automatic updates. It is enabled by default. All you need to do to get an automatic update is login. The update will start downloading in the background. You can do whatever you want in SL. You'll get an in-viewer message when the viewer is ready to install the update. If you miss the message or cannot take the time at that moment, you can skip the install and it will force an  install at your next login.

If you are having a problem look on the main release download page for Beta Versions of the viewer. SL no longer has Beta versions. These are mis-labeled on the download page. They are Release Candidates, which means the Lindens beleive they are ready to become the main release without further change. But, they are going through another stage of testing as RC's. Look to see which one of those may solve a problem.

As a last resort for a problem fix go for a clean install as suggested by McMasters...

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3686 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.