scam ?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3699 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I need to know more, what were you trying to exchange? Was it real money for Lindens or something else? What was the name of the machine? If you need money you should go through the Lindex or some other site that you can exchange things but make sure it has the Second Life Linden Dollar Reseller badge. If the machine or website don't have that badge then it's probably a fake. I personally either go through Lindex or VirWoX.

First you will need to remove the name and the location as it is against forum rules to name and shame, otherwise you run the risk of being banned from the forums. Second, I did go to the place and it does say it is a authorized reseller, if you don't hear from the owner of the bar soon, I would perhaps file a ticket with LL and see what they can do. Hope this helps.

PinkBear999 wrote:

I'm very new for SL.

I used exchange macine  at Bar but they don't gave me L$ at all.

I send IM and also notecard to a owner of the bar yesterday but no response.

Do you think this is a scam ???

the name of bar is **NAME**(here map ****MAP LINK*******)

I am not new, but am not very active here in the forum... But one of the few things I have picket up on here is that we may not post names to 'name and shame' other residents. (which is why I removed the link and name in the quoted post here)

I do not know if it counts that its a link and the name of just the place, and not directly a resident I am not that sure of the rules in details yet... But just wanted to give you a heads up on it... If it were me I would edit the post and remove the place and link... just to be sure that you post wont get deleted...

I would send a ticket  to LL and see if its something they can help you figure out....

Hugss

Heart Brimmer wrote:

First you will need to remove the name and the location as it is against forum rules to name and shame, otherwise you run the risk of being banned from the forums. Second, I did go to the place and it does say it is a authorized reseller, if you don't hear from the owner of the bar soon, I would perhaps file a ticket with LL and see what they can do. Hope this helps.

Makes note to herself... 1. Learn to type faster. 2 Dont get lost trying to find a link while trying to post at the same time cause then Heart will beat ya to it....  *grins

hugsss

madam Martian wrote:

Heart Brimmer wrote:

Makes note to herself... 1. Learn to type faster. 2 Dont get lost trying to find a link while trying to post at the same time cause then Heart will beat ya to it.... 
 *grins

hugsss

*giggles*

Heart Brimmer wrote:

... if you don't hear from the owner of the bar soon, I would perhaps file a ticket with LL and see what they can do. Hope this helps.

Perhaps a silly question, but are the owner of the "bar" and the owner of the "atm" one in the same?  

madam Martian wrote:

Makes note to herself... 1. Learn to type faster. 2 Dont get lost trying to find a link while trying to post at the same time cause then Heart will beat ya to it.... 
 *grins

hugsss

Yes, well. Join the club on that one. It's happened to me more than I like. We need really intelligent forum software that can let us know that someone else is already posting the killer argument we're busy typing. ;-)

Dillon Levenque wrote:

madam Martian wrote:

*grins

hugsss

Yes, well. Join the club on that one. It's happened to me more than I like. We need really intelligent forum software that can let us know that someone else is already posting the killer argument we're busy typing. ;-)

RIC the killer post?

;-)

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

Dillon Levenque wrote:

madam Martian wrote:

*grins

hugsss

RIC the killer post?

;-)

*laughs* now that's not nice!

Inworldz forums have that feature.  LOL Hey, IJS!  When you are done typing your killer post and hit SEND, a message will pop up saying 'new posts have been received while you were typing this, you might want to first review them before you SEND'.  Then the new post will show, and you can then decide whether you still want to send or not.  It's pretty nice feature.  :smileyhappy:

Treasure Ballinger wrote:

Inworldz forums have that feature.  LOL Hey, IJS!  When you are done typing your killer post and hit SEND, a message will pop up saying 'new posts have been received while you were typing this, you might want to first review them before you SEND'.  Then the new post will show, and you can then decide whether you still want to send or not.  It's pretty nice feature.  :smileyhappy:

I like it!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3699 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.