FITMESH - FTTTED MESH DOUBT?

Barbie2Xo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3798 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I think many designers hold back on their Fitted mesh until Firestorm has a new viewer that cn show it.

No matter how many disclaimers they write on the marketplace, or how many warnings they set up in their store, they will get bad reviews. Many people is just not reading the information. They will buy it and then cry: "This is junk, it does not look like the image, it is only a stretched weird mess!".

Plus that those who see their new fitted mesh correct will get IM's and comments when they wear it from Firestorm users.

Firestorm is a popular viewer.  (I use it myself but I have the official viewer installed too)

SaraCarena wrote:

Also I see a lot of cyncism towards LL.

Yes, for many based on years of experience.

We *almost* had a defomer that for most of us worked REALLY WELL.  Then after a year of no voice from LL, no communication at all about it progressing one way or another, it got canned (politics, you can google about it) and we got "fitted mesh" (collision bone rigging) instead.

"White canvas" have a full perm top for 0 lindens (untextured but perfectly fine for having a little play with) that they very generously made available when fitmesh was still being tested and only usable through a project viewer. I just checked and it's still on the marketplace now for those who want to have a bit of a play around.

The alpha/transparencies will still be needed. The mesh does deform but it doesn't necessarily conform.

Marianne Little has it totally right: always demo the demo. They are your passport to non-disappointing purchases.

As for third party viewers, I have heard that singularity already works with the fitmesh in group chat, but I have not checked it out myself.

I still find it funny that mesh template makers think they can tell people how much to sell final creations for, or what perms (aside from not full perm) we can sell them with. I get not making them copy/trans, but saying I can't make them no copy/trans is silly. If I want to give out a group gift I should be able to. That's like AC Moore and Michaels saying "You can't sell anything you make with our craft products for less than $50."

Not soon. Already here.

The only product I've heard of so far though is in the mesh boob category (vString - has free demo). There's a set out now that will bounce with normal avatar physics, and can be adjusted using the avatar shape sliders. I'll be getting those for my faun alt maybe tonight to see how they form up compared to the pre-fitted stuff.

But there is a lot of 'liquid mesh' on Marketplace which is a system that was what fitted mesh is based o - and MIGHT work still (I have no idea).

NONE OF THIS IS AVAILABLE TO FIRESTORM users.

- Firestorm does not support fitted mesh, and I do not know if/when it will, but I suspect it will have to get on board soon given how popular mesh boobs are... o.O

Firestom will support fitted mesh officially in a week or so.

You can do it now unofiicially by copying over a couple of files from the standard viewer.

I'm not sure that mesh boobs will make much difference, none of them are rigged for fitted mesh yet, maybe the creators of those are doing that, probably though the deformation caused by the fitted mesh process may cause them to reject the results.

Sassy Romano wrote:

SaraCarena wrote:

Also I see a lot of cyncism towards LL.

Yes, for many based on years of experience.

We *almost* had a defomer that for most of us worked REALLY WELL.  Then after a year of no voice from LL, no communication at all about it progressing one way or another, it got canned (politics, you can google about it) and we got "fitted mesh" (collision bone rigging) instead.

Quite a long discussion comparing the two here:

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Mesh/Creator-s-Opinions-on-Fitted-Mesh/td-p/2486555

I really wish Ebbe would review this decision which appears to have been made while Rod was on the way out.

Sassy Romano wrote:

Firestom will support fitted mesh officially in a week or so.

You can do it now unofiicially by copying over a couple of files from the standard viewer.

I'm not sure that mesh boobs will make much difference, none of them are rigged for fitted mesh yet, maybe the creators of those are doing that, probably though the deformation caused by the fitted mesh process may cause them to reject the results.

Actually one mesh boob specifically IS rigged for fitted mesh now. vString - which has a free demo. 

And as a result it "animates" with avatar physics, but has a better shape than the built in avatar.

A video of them 'animating' is 'making the rounds' and its... impressive.

Its still pretty huge - but I'm going to grab the demo tonight and adjust it down with the shape sliders and see how far towards normal I can get.

The ability for fitted mesh to work with avatar physics is something I did not expect at all. I expected them to ignore the 'chest area' as a point to rig. But now that it is live in SL, I can see it may be a prime reason for why fitted was chosen over the deformer.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3798 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.