FITMESH - FTTTED MESH DOUBT?

Barbie2Xo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3705 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello.

Just read SL will have FfitMesh or fitted mesh soon.

My question is what viewers are gonna be able to support it? and will Fitted mesh have transpareny layer? -thats so anoying-

Is there anything to try on Marketplace with Fitmesh?

Cant wait!

If you read your original post, there were three questions.  There were three answers in the first response.

All viewers that are mesh-compatible (should be all of them now) can also see fitted mesh.

Try searching on MP for 'fitmesh'.  You will find some things there. Look for demos.

One thing about the new mesh is that it will only be one size instead of the 5 sizes you get now. So it will take about 1/5 the work to make it (one size instead of five sizes). So you should get a lower price, 1/5 the work = lower price. But don't hold your breath on that one.

Yes I know, not exactly 1/5 the work, but still only one size instead of 5 to package for sale.

Most viewers that view mesh now, should be able to support it *yay!* or will be able to *Yay!* Because content creators are epic like that. The current LL update does support it as the video suggests.

Transparency layers?! Uhhh good question, I have bought a couple 'liquid mesh' *the other name for fitted mesh* pieces and they came with optional ones.

So far I know Redgrave makes fitted/liquid mesh.
Not sure of other designers that have been making it/in the beta process.

This problem is because those who design content for SL is mostly amateurs. They do not have much knowledge in marketing. So they don't tell us, the costumers, what they have. They should shout it out!

LL does not control the designers either. Part of that is due to all the special snowflakes that would howl in anger if LL tried to enforce standards on the Marketplace. The Marketplace, I love to browse it. But it is a terrifying mess of crap with gems hidden well. No one controls what's uploaded, that the keywords and descriptions are correct. It should be better search words. Then we could search "partial mesh", "Unrigged mesh", "Rigged mesh" and "Fitted mesh" and be sure to get correct returns instead of things that's not even mesh.

If I weren't a shopping addict I would give it up.

The Redgrave mesh is called "Liquid mesh". And this is easy to find on the Marketplace or their inworld store. BUT it is not the same as fitted mesh. Long tecnical story, but the short version is that Redgrave started to use this before LL added more rigging bones. So it is more that can be adjusted in fitted mesh then the Redgrave mesh. It will not confirm to breast sliders. So you have to demo all before you buy, no matter what it's named and what creator it is. You can't trust it to fit. Designers can be as confused as we are, and buy templates that's called fitted mesh when it's not...

So no, I can't recommend anything on the Marketplace that I can be sure on. You can get demos and try.

For alpha layers - I assume that it depends on the creator's skills. SL will be more and more like RL, where a M from one store can fit you, and a M from another store will not. I will guess that alphas need to come with the clothes, and that you will need them, maybe not with all the clothes but with some. It also depends on how much the avatar stretch and bends. It would be nice to use clothing layers instead of alphas, if it's just one tiny part that shows, a clothing layer under would hide it well enough.

The latest sl viewer supports fitted mesh but any others need to update before they can. I know that firestorm should have update around March 9th, don`t know about the others. So far I`ve only seen 1 example of fitted mesh for sale in world and it does use an alpha and there`s a demo you can try.

http://slurl.com/secondlife/DE%20Designs/115/134/39

Sadly searching for "fitted mesh " on marketplace will just list everything that`s tagged "fitted" or "mesh"

Lexy Darkstone wrote:

Most viewers that view mesh now, should be able to support it *yay!* or will be able to *Yay!* Because content creators are epic like that. The current LL update does support it as the video suggests.

Transparency layers?! Uhhh good question, I have bought a couple 'liquid mesh' *the other name for fitted mesh* pieces and they came with optional ones.

So far I know Redgrave makes fitted/liquid mesh.

Not sure of other designers that have been making it/in the beta process.

Liquid mesh is not Fitted mesh. They are two different things.

You will still likely have to use an alpha layer as most fitted mesh will, at best, conform to most body shapes. There will be poke-throughs with animations and certain poses for sure. I have one dress that is fitted so far in my shop and it works really well but still requires the alpha.

As for there being less work than making 5 sizes, that's actually a false statement. Making the fitted mesh (weight painting and rigging it) is a lot more work and much harder than the previous method. You shouldn't expect lower prices.

Teagan Tobias wrote:

One thing about the new mesh is that it will only be one size instead of the 5 sizes you get now. So it will take about 1/5 the work to make it (one size instead of five sizes). So you should get a lower price, 1/5 the work = lower price. But don't hold your breath on that one.

Yes I know, not exactly 1/5 the work, but still only one size instead of 5 to package for sale.

Unfortunately not.  The collision bones just expand the clothing object rather horribly.  There just isn't enough range in the adjustment where it stays looking good for anything other than just a few points on the sliders either way of the design size.

Welcome to the era of "It still doesn't fitmesh"

(and it is a LOT more effort to weight)

SaraCarena wrote:

You could all vote for this (she says optimistically).

Instead of clicking on Voting it's better to click on Watching. It is more indicative that those watching the issue are really interest in it.

Linden Lab has even said earlier that voting counts for nothing - watching the issue is what does count.

(Why is the voting thing there then one might wonder? Well, the JIRA system is not made by Linden Lab. It is made by different company and it is used for many purposes by many other companies. The voting thing is in the JIRA system. I doubt that companies can remove the voting; it should be done by the system provider. And I'm pretty sure they will not do it for any one company who has bought the system.)

mtwtfss71 wrote:

You will still likely have to use an alpha layer as most fitted mesh will, at best, conform to most body shapes. There will be poke-throughs with animations and certain poses for sure. I have one dress that is fitted so far in my shop and it works really well but still requires the alpha.

As for there being less work than making 5 sizes, that's actually a false statement. Making the fitted mesh (weight painting and rigging it) is a lot more work and much harder than the previous method. You shouldn't expect lower prices.

I would, however, expect the same prices. Not higher ones. Some people sell meah at outrageous prices compared to their System clothing, yet it is just as much if not more work to make good system clothing where the seams all line up properly, seeing as using gimp or PS you cant just paint on a 3d image.

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

Venus Petrov wrote:

All viewers that are mesh-compatible (should be all of them now) can also see fitted mesh.

According to the Firestorm team viewers will have to update to the new code before fitted mesh looks and works correctly.

Yes, Drake is right. All TPVs need to update their viewers (who have not yet done so).

If anybody sees things like in the snapshot on the left:

FittedMesh.jpg

... then there's no need to freak out freakout.gif,  nor file ARs for "undecent exposure". :smileyvery-happy: :smileytongue:

It just means that the avatar is wearing Fitted Mesh and the observer's viewer is an old not updated one. The old viewer has no idea at all where to place some vertices in the outfit, so it sends them to the sim corner stretching everything on the way there. Time to update the viewer. Then things will look like on the image at right.

The distorted view is only a temporary "Not So Very Good Shared Experience" which will be corrected by proper viewer.

:smileyhappy:

Yeah, anyone who thinks they will be able to throw away the alpha masks is in for a real dissappointment.  

I've been looking at doing a skimpy bikini top.  Trivally easy to rig with the old bones, impossible with collision bone.  The fit of the top is affected by 5 different body sliders.  There are only 3 bones one can rig to, and there is no way to adjust 3 variables (the weights) to indpendently satisfy 5 constraints (the sliders).  

If I custom fit the top to my shape, and rig to collision bones, it does a halfway decent job of following avatar physics.  But if the boob size, or separation ,or especially bouyancy sliders are moved more than a few points  it just does not fit anymore.

Thanks for the anwers, I tried many myself and nothing satisfies me, all come with alpha layers, can't believe they're still there.

Btw whats that viewer with NO compatibility?

Reminds me of ole Emergence Viewer!!

Kokua, to my opinioin, is the best so far. 

Barbie2Xo wrote:

Thanks for the anwers, I tried many myself and nothing satisfies me, all come with alpha layers, can't believe they're still there.

Btw whats that viewer with NO compatibility?

Reminds me of ole Emergence Viewer!!

Kokua, to my opinioin, is the best so far. 

It doesnt have NO compatability, it just doen't see fitted mesh correctly. Regular mesh looks just fine.

Well interest list will be open soon, that`s a positive isn`t it?

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/Tools-and-Technology/Changes-to-Our-JIRA-Implementation/ba-p/2519371

I`m a relative newcomer to sl tbh I think it`s got better and better, not perfect but  what is?. Also I see a lot of cyncism towards LL. I just think you guys that know sl really well and have great suggestions to make sl better should get together Ghandi style...peaceful...passive...SMILEY. Probly 1% of my friends in world bother with the forums but they all want to look good.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3705 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.