Finally about to!

Taira2032

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3725 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello, everyone ^w^ I'm excited to find I can finally be on SL normally. I can't afford a new graphic card or PC upgrade so my PC could never take the graphics. On Answers, I found I can use 3rd party viewers for older PC-s/Windows-es. The only that i'm worried is.. well, are they developed specifically for SL? I wouldn't like if I installed one and install a ton of other stuff besdies just what it needs for SL. Can i trust most of these 3rd party viewers?

Yes, I understand, that's why I asked. Better safe then sorry, right? ^w^ But since I can't run the official SL viewer (well, it does run but before it shows me anything, says that my graphic card is old, in brief.), I have to resort to those.. Technically, i believe since I can run IMVU quite smoothly, maybe there's just a little more to be able to run Second Life.. Sadly I can't afford upgrades -_- But I really want to get out of that crude style botox-infested bling galore dumb people on IMVU. I just tried RainbowViewer1-22-12-7SSE since it was suggested for older PC-s and even AMD.. but kind of.. didin't work. Ohwell.

Hi Taira;

Radegast is pretty much text based; people with low vision issues often use it, and I believe it has a plug in for text to voice, too.  You only see your inventory, notecards, groups, friends list, you can chat, things that are in text.  Far as I know you are unable to see your avatar, or anything else, graphics-wise.

On my iPad, I have Pocket Metaverse, which I use if I REALLY need to do something inworld, like read a notecard, and can't log inworld at the moment.  It's totally text based but does allow me to do stuff like that.

Treasure Ballinger wrote:

Oh that's great, I didn't know.  Is the scene viewer part of the plug in?

it's integrated with the main download, "3D Scene" should be on the far right of the main menu just before "Help" if the system supports it.

there is another nice feature in the objects list, a 3D View button in there can focus on any object rezzed in the region or attached to your avatar. wthout rendering the whole scene.

I use the Singularity viewer and LOVE it!!  The user interface looks like the original SL 1.2x viewers but has all the features I came to love while using the Phoenix viewer.  (Phoenix was discontinued in lieu of Firestorm - same developers.  Firestorm is a very popular version 3 SL viewer and does have a Phoenix mode, but I personally found it too bloated for my taste.)

If I have ever had any issues with Singularity, I have received excellent customer support on their website.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3725 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.