Calling Cards

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3725 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I seem to have a strange problem and don't know if others are having it or if it can be fixed, but everytime someone logs in and out on my friends list, it makes a new calling card for them so now i have 2929209303 calling cards for each person and its getting rather annoying, and is hard to delete them all because there is so many, Can someone help! before it drives me insane, as each time a new calling card is made when friend log in and out its adding to the amount in my inventory as well! PLEASE HALP! :matte-motes-mad:

Kyeisha Soulstar wrote:

I seem to have a strange problem and don't know if others are having it or if it can be fixed, but everytime someone logs in and out on my friends list, it makes a new calling card for them so now i have 2929209303 calling cards for each person and its getting rather annoying, and is hard to delete them all because there is so many, Can someone help! before it drives me insane, as each time a new calling card is made when friend log in and out its adding to the amount in my inventory as well!
PLEASE HALP!
:matte-motes-mad:

I have never heard of this problem but first which Viewer are you using and second, I'd sure file a Bug Report.

Deej Kasshiki wrote:

I'd take Perrie's suggestion and file a bug report with the Firestorm dev team about this issue. They have an in-world support chat channel you can join and speak to volunteers about this and some of the devs also monitor the group. Good luck!

Looks like they did:  http://jira.phoenixviewer.com/browse/FIRE-12996

Perrie Juran wrote:

Deej Kasshiki wrote:

I'd take Perrie's suggestion and file a bug report with the Firestorm dev team about this issue. They have an in-world support chat channel you can join and speak to volunteers about this and some of the devs also monitor the group. Good luck!

Looks like they did: 

yes i put in the bug report, waiting on them to answer, hopefully they do!

Kyeisha Soulstar wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

Deej Kasshiki wrote:

Looks like they did: 

yes i put in the bug report, waiting on them to answer, hopefully they do!

You would get a faster response if you asked in the group.

Kyeisha Soulstar wrote:

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

CheriColette wrote:

Im glad I never got started with them 'calling cards' now.

How does someone not have calling cards?

No idea, as theres no way to delete the folders, unless you delete each calling card! maybe thats what she did lol

AFAIK a calling card is automatically created when one adds a friend.  I've heard prior to 2007 (when I started; don't know when exactly this was) the original idea of the calling card was one had the option to offer a calling card to someone if they didn't want to add them to their friend list.  By the time I arrived this was no longer the case and the cards were automatically created when one friended a person.

Interestingly, about a year or so ago I noticed two calling card folders in my inventory, one folder under the other, so when I friend someone I now get two calling cards for the person, but fortunately not all the multiples the OP has been getting.  I just delete the duplicate but this now has me wondering if something changed with the calling cards.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3725 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.