Some Nostalgia - Robbie Dingo's - Mask

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3778 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Both are excellent vids. 

The first of earlier times when people were still using the default linden hair and appearance tools to create avatars or the first prim hair and skins.  I am sure today's newer residents get a good laugh out of it, but we thought we were 'hot' back then. What did we know? lol.  Ten years from now, if SL is still around, people will probably be laughing at today's avatars.

The second is not only amazing but shows what a good builder could accomplish even back in the days when all we had were textures and regular prims ;which you had to torture to get results, no sculpties, no mesh.  In many ways building was a bigger challenge and maybe took more talent to get a great result than it does now with all the assistance you can get from 3D software that can do so much automatically.

Eva Tiramisu wrote:

Thank you, never saw thatone!

Speaking of Robbie Dingo - thisone never stops to amaze me ...

It's a good thing we have the video to remember the build. I've always been a big Van Gogh fan.

I'll post the video here so that other don't have to goto Youtube.

Thank you for posting that Medhue. :)

I began SL in that first female starter avatar shown, then several months later (in 2007) purchased the first long red hair shown in the video.  It was made by Natalia Zelmanov and was the first "curly" hair I owned pre-flexi.

Very cool to see Marianne McCann in the video and then when reading the credits, sad to remember that Circe Broom passed away sometime last year iirc.

Memories for sure.

That particular machinima inspired me to come into SL. I had read a small write up about SL in my local paper about how users were creating the content.  I searched for more info on the web and saw that machinima that had been posted about two weeks before I viewed it.  I was hooked and I created my account the day I saw it. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3778 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.