Where can I get second. Life on my cell phone

shaneblagg

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3760 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

8 answers to this question

The third-party viewers listed in the Third Party Viewer Directory include a handful that will work on a cell phone. Only one of them, the Lumiya viewer, offers any graphics.  Lumiya is available only for Android devices.  Because Second Life is a graphics intensive environment, you should expect to get an extremely limited experience if you are not using a real computer.  Also, take Linden Lab's warning seriously:"Beware of third-party viewers that are not in the Viewer Directory: they have either declined to self-certify their compliance with Linden Lab policies or been refused for noncompliance with the policies."

You may want to try one of the free terminal emulator programs, like Pocket Cloud. You can use the phone to connect to your desktop computer. Run SL on the home computer from your phone.

I've tried it with a Samsung S4 and PocketCloud. It is way less than ideal. I don't recommend it, but it is doable. A different terminal emulator may work better. Seeing the viewer is no problem. But, controlling the avatar is way difficult.

Rolig's suggestion to use Lumiya is the current best tech available for those needing to use a phone connection to SL.

All warranty or contracts like say cell phone providers have a miss use clause. Load code onto your computer from an unregistered source that damages it, can and increasingly does get the reply from the provider or manufacturer that all costs will be met by you. So if a third party SL is not accepted as up to Linden Labs standards then it could be classed as a rogue program and the damage was caused by you. Not sure all that made sense.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3760 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.