Poems

steph Arnott

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3793 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

steph Arnott wrote:

Please stop, i beg. The post was for peope to express them selves and
you just to nbe honist  
crushed me to tears,
men thats what they do.

Georgie Porgie, Puddin' and Pie,
Kissed the girls and made them cry,
When the boys came out to play
Georgie Porgie ran away.
(A nursery rhyme)
OR
Orgy-porgy, Ford and fun,
Kiss the girls and make them One.
Boys at one with girls at peace;
Orgy-porgy gives release.
"Brave New World"
It's what boys do, especially to 'willing' girls.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steph, I think it is time for you to just let this go as you will not get through to this obnoctious man...note the extraction of the 'gentle'...there are some people, both men and women in this world, that get a lot of enjoyment from upsetting and provoking others...this Farquhar guy is one of these people...his world obviously is lacking an awful lot to go to such lengths to upset others. I like the poem and I think it came from the heart...he obviously doesnt so lets leave it at that and allow him to climb back into the hole in the ground he came from. Certainly dont let a cretin like this bring you to tears or upset you...its just a poem and only means anything to those that enjoy it.

Rudi, I think it is time for you to just let this go as you will not get through to this over emotional woman...note the extraction of the 'gentle'...there are some people, both men and women in this world, that get a lot of enjoyment from just being upset and provoking others to make themselves so...this  Arnott gal is one of these people...her world obviously is lacking an awful lot to go to such lengths in her cries for attention. I didn't like the poem as I think it came from the heart...she obviously does so lets leave it at that and allow her to climb back into the hole in the ground she came from. Certainly dont let a cretin like this bring you so much joy...its just a poem and only means anything to those that enjoy it.

steph Arnott wrote:

If any people are interested. I would like to put a book in world of 10 to 15 poems. I not judge what good or bad so others here will have to give there thumbs up. No money to be made. Your name or preferred author name must be at the end. The book will be free to all and copy/trans, no mod. Any costs I will meet. I will edit Dres as i did not specify format. This is PG so anything outside that parameter will be ignored. 

ADDED: Please use the following format. I do not have time to be editing and will be past over.

TITLE

POEM

AUTHOR'S PREFERED NAME

ADDED: All langages.

My Winter Poem

It's f**king cold outside. The end

Drake1 Nightfire

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

steph Arnott wrote:

If any people are interested. I would like to put a book in world of 10 to 15 poems. I not judge what good or bad so others here will have to give there thumbs up. No money to be made. Your name or preferred author name must be at the end. The book will be free to all and copy/trans, no mod. Any costs I will meet. I will edit Dres as i did not specify format. This is PG so anything outside that parameter will be ignored. 

ADDED: Please use the following format. I do not have time to be editing and will be past over.

TITLE

POEM

AUTHOR'S PREFERED NAME

ADDED: All langages.

My Winter Poem

It's f**king cold outside. The end

Drake1 Nightfire

Wonderful, Drake... the pathos which it invokes is palpable.

...Dres

steph Arnott wrote:

I not understand your inflexibility, language evolves, what you speak would be considered incomprehensible fifty years ago.

The English language you defend so vehemently is nothing more than a mashed up concoction of everyone else's true language.
If you truly can find one word that is English I salute you.

ADDED: What has rhyme to do with poetry, you very strange. All ways shouting at the wind.

What i think you mean are American English words.. such as:

Airplane, aluminum, baby carriage, baby shower, backhoe, barrette, bear claw (the pastry), boardwalk, boombox..

HERE is a list.

Not sure were you got that idea from. 

Airplane was British and borrowed from French

aluminum is American

baby carriage is Norse and French

shower is Dutch

backhoe is Norse and French

barrette is French

walk think that German

And this is all plain pointless.

board is Dutch or old English

Just been informed, some are Hebrew and Arabic.

At least the Americans removed those stupid letters no one ever uses unlike the French that left them but put a thing above the letter to say this is not pronounced

steph Arnott wrote:

aluminum is American

Actually, "aluminum" was the original name, the "num" ending being in line with other metals (eg Platinum) being named at the time.

But it didn't scan properly when include in a popular song about chemical discoveries, so the British changed it.

[A bit like the way "zed" was changed to "zee" by the Americans.]

**********Rudi**********

ETA To complicate things further, Humphry Davy, who "discovered" it, initially called it Alumium.

ETA I was mates with Humphry Davy's grandson until he emigrated to New York.

Did you look at the link?

Areoplane is British.. Airplane in American.
It's Baby shower, not just shower... Which is most definitely and American thing.

The excavating equipment called a backhoe was created and invented in Hubbardston, Massachusetts in 1947.. In the US.

A barrette is a hair clip.. Not a beret, which is a hat.

Holy hells woman, you are taking the words apart!! Its boardwalk, boombox, they are not two words! Al of those words on that list are American creations. They mean things totally different than their parts.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3793 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.