Poems

steph Arnott

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3793 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 to 15 poems? You'll need massive pruning, I think. Even if you limit contributors to those of us on the Forum, your judges will have mountains of poems to sort. I'd bet almost everyone that posts here has two or three really good ones to share. I'm pretty modest so I only have two: a Western style haiku for which the first line had already been written and a short poem that is really just one long badly punctuated sentence.

Oh wait, the sonnet. I have a sonnet, too! Shakespearean style: abab, cdcd, efef, gg (the Italian rhyme scheme was different). It was pretty horrible but it was fourteen gosh darn lines of iambic pentameter.

See what I mean? You should create an alt immediately to deal with the deluge.

Dresden Ceriano wrote:

Well, I can honestly say that I was pleasantly surprised when the poem I wrote, entitled
c o m p l e t e l y
, which I submitted to the
forum contest, was chosen as the winning entry.  If you feel it's good enough for you to use, I would again be pleasantly surprised.  Let me know.

...Dres

You tore that one down, Dres. It's good to know that there is some ******* talent lurking in these ******* forums.

**********Rudi**********

The Purple Forest ~ By Kelley Wonder

Peeking round the violet twilight
the sun steals its last furtive glance.
As lavender petals give their embrace
for a kiss of lights last chance.

Fields of mauve and magenta blooms
sway softly in the evening air.
As elvish lights descend to roam
the purple haze of dusks gauzy air.

Crystal dew drops begin to form,
and slide from aubergine leaves.
In chains of diamond necklaces
to bathe the orchids reprieve.

At last the amethyst glow retreats,
to await another day.
As sugar plum fairies dance about,
to bid farewell to lilacs decay.

I not understand your inflexibility, language evolves, what you speak would be considered incomprehensible fifty years ago.

The English language you defend so vehemently is nothing more than a mashed up concoction of everyone else's true language. If you truly can find one word that is English I salute you.

ADDED: What has rhyme to do with poetry, you very strange. All ways shouting at the wind.

steph Arnott wrote:

I not understand your inflexibility, language evolves, what you speak would be considered incomprehensible fifty years ago.

Whereas you are presumably aiming to be incomprehensible now?

steph Arnott wrote:

The English language you defend so vehemently is nothing more than a mashed up concoction of everyone else's true language. If you truly can find one word that is English I salute you.

**** you!

Now salute me.

**********Rudi**********

ETA: If it doesn't rhyme, it's prose, not poetry.

steph Arnott wrote:

There were no English words there, you really should learn history. Shame as you are not a fool, just angry at the world.

Here's about the only bit of history I like. It's a historical quote from Henry Ford:

"I wouldn’t give a nickel for all the history in the world. It means nothing to me. History is more or less bunk. It's tradition. We don't want tradition. We want to live in the present and the only history that is worth a tinker's damn is the history we make today."

I adore the language English has become. Not the English you try, unavailingly, to speak/type, not even Shakespeare's English (he invented thousands of English words, by the way, which of itself gives the lie to your ignorance) but the English that educated people use to attempt to give insight into their cogent thoughts.

Oh, I'm not angry. I never get angry. I am just better at expressing myself than most.

You don't understand though. You won't ******* understand, either. Ever.

**********Rudi**********

steph Arnott wrote:  What has rhyme to do with poetry, you [sic] very strange. All ways [sic] shouting at the wind [sic].

Rudolph Farquhar wrote:
ETA: If it doesn't rhyme, it's prose, not poetry

steph Arnott wrote:
That is most likly [sic] correct, but if it brings joy to someone i [sic] do not care.

Are you not embarrassed by your ignorance, even as you acknowledge it?

**********Rudi**********

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3793 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.