NSA spying on Second Life

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3768 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paratrex wrote:

Awe , I know. I know. It's horribly sad to discuss anything on any forum. It's just plain rude.

What I don't understand is why, since you've "thrown the stupid waste of time [that is SL, in your mind] in the garbage", you come to THIS forum to debate? Got thrown off of Faux News's forum for your delusions, did you?

Paratrex wrote:

It's "already have" not "had".

And what exactly is wrong with using the past paticiple here?

Paratrex wrote:

And what's with the "Wrong" replies?

A simple statement of fact.

Your seem pretty ignorant with just replying with the word "Wrong"

Where is the nominative in this phrase?

Paratrex wrote:

How does that work?

I don't know.  I've never studied paranoid delusions.  Am I getting a lesson here?

Paratrex wrote:

What is this paranoid delusion your talking about?

I'm sorry, after 6 pages I have to do this because it is driving me nuts.

Your>>> Possessive.

You're>>> Contraction of You and Are.

Yore>>> Olden times.

Please fix your s**t. How can you expect to have a decent discussion if you can't even use the language properly?

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

Paratrex wrote:

What is this paranoid delusion your talking about?

I'm sorry, after 6 pages I have to do this because it is driving me nuts.

Your>>> Possessive.

You're>>> Contraction of You and Are.

Yore>>> Olden times.

Please fix your s**t. How can you expect to have a decent discussion if you can't even use the language properly?

Oh thank you for saying this Drake. Your attention to the finer aspects of language and discourse show that you're truly cut from one of  the finer fabrics of yore. A time when words communicated complete ideas though proper usage and construction.  I was ready to take both the Red & Blue pills, together!

Drake1 Nightfire wrote

harassed inworld by someone

So, I am not sure why I was singled out to be his punching bag.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You were not, 

-----------------------

Government departments and manufacturing companies have for at least seventy years been monitoring the general public. Library books of certain subjects have and still are recorded when borrowed since the 1950s.All communications have and still are word filtered for possible references. This list is endless. If people believe that they are not being monitored then they are blind. The more technological a race becomes, the higher they are monitored. That is a the tally to be paid. How people accept or not accept that intrusion is how there reaction will be, The higher the monitoring, the higher will be the paranoia.

When i went to see my Aunt in USA i was arrested at immigration for a text i had sent her about a DVD i was bring her called "The Gods must be crazy", they watched the whole film before releasing me.

Incidental, agencies do not have to do much, every time a T and C is accepted companies can sell all the information.

steph Arnott wrote:

Drake1 Nightfire wrote

harassed inworld by someone

So, I am not sure why I was
singled out
to be his punching bag.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You were not, 

-----------------------

Government departments and manufacturing companies have for at least seventy years been monitoring the general public. Library books of certain subjects have and still are recorded when borrowed since the 1950s.All communications have and still are word filtered for possible references. This list is endless. If people believe that they are not being monitored then they are blind. The more technological a race becomes, the higher they are monitored. That is a the tally to be paid. How people accept or not accept that intrusion is how there reaction will be, The higher the monitoring, the higher will be the paranoia.

Incidental, agencies do not have to do much, every time a T and C is accepted companies can sell all the information.

So, someone IMed you as well about this thread?

Dillon Levenque wrote:

Once upon a time....

A band made a recording of a song (they didn't write it: their version was a cover) that became a big hit.

The lyrics were, as you can hear, a bit hard to understand. Some college kids in Indiana or Illinois were so sure the lyrics must be obscene they even came up with some obscene lyrics of their own that seemed to fit.

Suddenly the country was gripped with the incredible news that a song with dirty lyrics was playing on the radio! This wasn't helped by the fact that gullible nitwit kids totally bought into the dirty lyrics thing. I once heard a woman on a radio program, many years later, say, "You couldn't understand the lyrics but we all knew they were dirty." She still believed that, too. In any case, a whole lot of stuff hit the fan. Outraged parents and teachers started contacting their congressmen and senators, and before it was over the Attorney General of the United States—Robert F. Kennedy—ordered the Federal Bureau of Investigation to investigate. I'm not kidding. The FBI went on the case.

You can read that report if you want. It's fun reading. Not to be a spoiler but the FBI was unable to determine that the lyrics were obscene. They lacked some of the research tools we have now: it was 1963. One of the suggestions was that they play the record (it was a 45 RPM record) at slower or faster speeds to see if the words would then become clear. One FBI agent wrote in his summary, "Unintelligible at any speed.", which was a hilariously funny takeoff on the title of a currently popular Ralph Nader rant book.  Had I been president I would have immediately promoted that agent to be the head of the FBI.

This guy seems to have most of the lyrics right. I've never found them in print but I have heard earlier recordings of the song by people who enunciated clearly and these seem to match.

Do I get credit for being slightly on-topic because of the government snooping, or was this just a flat out derail?

That brings back memories - the song, that is.  I had no idea of the furor surrounding it.  I recall singing the song with my friends and after "Louie, Louie" we just sort of mumbled something since we had no idea what they lyrics were.  Snappy beat, though. ;)

And speaking of lyrics that are hard to understand, I had never heard the song "Whine Up" until J.R. Martinez and Karina Smirnoff danced to it for their Freestyle in "Dancing With the Stars" in 2011.  What *I* heard for the chorus was "Go Paulina, Go Paulina, oye."  Since I wasn't familiar with the song I looked up the lyrics and couldn't believe the chorus is "Whine up, whine up, oye."  I have listened to this song multiple times since I first heard it, even while reading the lyrics and my ears just don't hear "whine up."  Hmmmmm, wonder if this is some NSA Jedi mind trick.

Here is the amazing dance to "Go Paulina" "Whine Up"...during all the rehearsals they had never been able to do that first lift and had decided to leave it out of the routine.  Once they got started, J.R. Martinez decided to go for it, thus the "come on" gesture he gives.  If anyone isn't familiar with J.R. Martinez (I wasn't until that season of DWTS), he is truly an inspiration.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3768 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.