Slow MP

NealCrz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3794 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Why is MP so slow?  Have a new high-end MAC and my speed test a few mins ago was 61Mbs down 12Mbs up at 10ms ping.  Tried Safar, Chrome, and Firefox.

Other commerce sites I go to blow marketplace away.    I might spend more money if not so cumbersome.  

Please santa for Christmas a fast marketplace? :) :)

NealCrz wrote:

Why is MP so slow?  Have a new high-end MAC and my speed test a few mins ago was 61Mbs down 12Mbs up at 10ms ping.  Tried Safar, Chrome, and Firefox.

Other commerce sites I go to blow marketplace away.    I might spend more money if not so cumbersome.  

Please santa for Christmas a fast marketplace?
:)

LL put the SL in the word SLow

I've wondered this too.

Just did a test run.

15 seconds to load the MP home page.

Randomly picking through my Book Marks, twenty different other pages, under 3 seconds each. 

This has always been about par for the course.

I've waited as long as a minute for the cashier page to finish clocking after a purchase.  It's plain stupid.

Pamela Galli wrote:

Just imagine how much fun it is to have to deal with the inventory and editing pages, when uploading or updating something. I curse the devs every time I have to deal with what has to be the worst sellers software ever "designed".

have a few items up and I agree. I'm sure LL  would love more revenue, this seems like an easy way to get more $$. :)

Ever used the button 'Quick fill'?

As long as you want to use an older item to 'quick fill' a listing, the speed is acceptable. But when you upload a listing, and you want a second one, that is very simular, and 'quick fill' it with your first listing, the first listing just doesn't appear in search function. It always takes ages before you can use your fresh listed item to quick fill a second item.

I suggest to rename this button into 'Slow fill'.

Parrish Ashbourne wrote:

NealCrz wrote:

Please santa for Christmas a fast marketplace?

LL put the SL in the word SLow

HAHAHAHHAHAHA I like that!

Perrie Juran wrote:

I've wondered this too.

Just did a test run.

Randomly picking through my Book Marks, twenty different other pages, under 3 seconds each. 

I've waited as long as a minute for the cashier page to finish clocking after a purchase.  It's plain stupid.

To do a fun speed test, while I was wating for the top selling item report page to load.   I manged to transulate the url in to morse code faster then the page would load... 

.... - - .--. ... ---... -..-. -..-. -- .- .-. -.- . - .--. .-.. .- -.-. . .-.-.- ... . -.-. --- -. -.. .-.. .. ..-. . .-.-.- -.-. --- -- -..-. -- . .-. -.-. .... .- -. - ... -..-. .---- .---- ----- ...-- ----. --... -..-. .-. . .--. --- .-. - ... -..-. - --- .--.  ... . .-.. .-.. .. -. --.  .--. .-. --- -.. ..- -.-. - ...

Parrish Ashbourne wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

I've wondered this too.

Just did a test run.

To do a fun speed test, while I was wating for the top selling item report page to load.   I manged to transulate the url in to morse code faster then the page would load... 

.... - - .--. ... ---... -..-. -..-. -- .- .-. -.- . - .--. .-.. .- -.-. . .-.-.- ... . -.-. --- -. -.. .-.. .. ..-. . .-.-.- -.-. --- -- -..-. -- . .-. -.-. .... .- -. - ... -..-. .---- .---- ----- ...-- ----. --... -..-. .-. . .--. --- .-. - ... -..-. - --- .--.  ... . .-.. .-.. .. -. --.  .--. .-. --- -.. ..- -.-. - ...

- --- --- / ..-. ..- -. -. -.--

Parrish Ashbourne wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

I've wondered this too.

Just did a test run.

That was fun!  I found a morse code translation site to see what you wrote.

Parrish Ashbourne wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

I've wondered this too.

Just did a test run.

- .-. -.-- / -.-. .-.. . .- .-. .. -. --. / -.-- --- ..- .-. / -.-. --- --- -.- .. . ... .-.-.-

Drake1 Nightfire wrote:

Parrish Ashbourne wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

I've wondered this too.

Just did a test run.

- .-. -.-- / -.-. .-.. . .- .-. .. -. --. / -.-- --- ..- .-. / -.-. --- --- -.- .. . ... .-.-.-

thanks for the suggestion, I looked in to it but dint have any, my computers privacy setting are set to

.- .-.. --.. .... . .. -- . .-. .----. ... 

Parrish Ashbourne wrote:

Perrie Juran wrote:

I've wondered this too.

Just did a test run.

hilarious

Went to buy a gift for a friend.  Hit show me gowns so  I have time to write a book here waiting for the page to load.

I was born in ... and then I went to school at. .......... and fell in lov with..........

ding ding ding one page loaded . o maaHHHHH Gaaaaahhhhhhh this is so slow

• 1 month later...

There are still numerous complaints about the speed of the Marketplace Web site. It's still unacceptably slow and often malfunctions. These complaints have been submitted repeatedly for over two years. It appears LL is simply ignoring these complaints has no intention of resolving these issues. I have constant issues using the MP and NO issues on any other web site. I'm sure LL either gets a "cut" of every sale or charges fees to merchants using the site. Apparently LL is not interested in maintaining this revenue stream! The "answer" from Rolig Loon (LL Senoir Member) "just go away and come back later" is not an answer at all.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3794 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.