New Marketplace

Pamela Galli

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3838 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Pamela Galli wrote:

I just got a message that some things I have in a vendor are now on a new marketplace, which shall remain nameless here.  The main pic appears, no description, since I have not added any.  

I wish them well. 

Wait,  you mean something you created was somehow copybotted and is listed by someone else on a new marketplace???????

No no, the maker of the vendor has set it up so anything in one of the vendors automatically appears on the marketplace -- but you can take it down if you want, or add description, pics etc,

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Pamela Galli wrote:

I just got a message that some things I have in a vendor are now on a new marketplace, which shall remain nameless here.  The main pic appears, no description, since I have not added any.  

I wish them well. 

Wait,  you mean something you created was somehow copybotted and is listed by someone else on a new marketplace???????

Fail from launch, even as a nerd my eyes started to bleed instantly from seeing the navigation menu`s and their lack off...

You also have to buy his product to be even able to list anything on it, not exactly a marketplace but an extension of his vending system.
Good luck to Casper for challanging the MP, but won`t use it eitherway

I dont own the vendor system, but what I have heard is this:

The vendor automatically lists merchants items on a new marketplace website, because the theory is, if it wasnt opt in, very few would do that, and there would be hardly any listings.

Merchants can have one avatar, but multiple stores, and demos are part of the main listing, not a seperate listing.

Customers need to deposit $L at a terminal (somewhere!) to be able to buy items from the website.

This third feature is why I believe it will fail, not obviously and suddenly like the marketplaces that have come before, because all listings will still be linked to a vendor in-world, so purchases can be made there. However, merchant to merchant sales might thrive. But who knows? I have been known to be wrong!

With Xstreet you had to do something at a terminal I think.

But its not the going to the terminal that's the problem but the paying of 1L. We have seen here that people go ballistic if they have to pay $.004 for something.  Makes you wonder how much they pay for rent in RL.

Pamela Galli wrote:

No no, the maker of the vendor has set it up so anything in one of the vendors automatically appears on the marketplace -- but you can take it down if you want, or add description, pics etc,

Czari Zenovka wrote:

Pamela Galli wrote:

I wish them well. 

Ahhh, ok...so after reading the other posts in this thread, this is either a new vendor offered with this feature or a new feature added to an existing vendor.  Or an existing vendor merchant with a new item that offers the feature.

Errrr...one of those. :matte-motes-bashful-cute:

They could be succesful because there was no SL marketplace yet. They were the only alternatives to in world shopping. They were able to build up knowlegde, experience and a large userbase before LL came to buy them.

Since LL has it's own online warehouse now, there would be no reason to buy any third party.

A large problem for a new online warehouse is to attrack customers. LL is the only party who can promote their marketplace to the whole userbase. Why would someone go shop at a marketplace with only of split of the products that are available on SL Marketplace?

It's by CasperVend why not just say that? And personally I was pretty annoied to find that ALL my items were up on this new maketplace. Even old shi* that I have in my dropbox but don't have up in my store anymore... Yes, there is a way to remove everything off there and I did that but had I had a choice I would have never had them up there. Plus, he's saying after however long he is going to take a small percentage of every sale from that marketplace, like LL does on the main marketplace. Um, no Casper not happening hahahahaha Why on gods green earth would I give a percentage to someone who had nothing to do with the item in the first place. I wish him well and I still use his vendor system but I won't have anything to do with the new marketpace or anymore grand ideas he has I just want the single simple as fu*k vendors kthnxbai lol

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3838 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.