Guess What Day It Is.......

Tex Monday

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3823 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Had to make a service call yesterday and as I looked at the paper work today I noticed the arrival date and time of 11/11 11:00 AM.  If I had realized it at the time I would have sat in the car another 11 minutes before going in to make it 11/11 11:11 AM.  May have stumbled into some cosmic powers, more likely for me I would have just gone *poof* from existence.

Hey, *I* thought it was cool.

Hmmmm - 11/12/1913 in History, looks amaxingly like the same old same old including the Politics....

http://www.cleveland.com/metro/index.ssf/2013/11/november_12_1913_great_lakes_s.html

The stories making headlines 100 years ago today highlighted megalomaniacs bent on tyranny, November snow storms and debates over urban living conditions - not much different from the headlines these days.

In Washington D.C.politicians debated if suburban or "country living" was the solution to the growing issues in urban areas, and local police were on the lookout for nine missing billy goats that were roaming the city.

In New York City ex-dictator of Nicaragua Gen. J. Santos, who was living in exile in Spain, eluded immigration authorities after arriving to New York by steamship. In other news, eleven men were arrested in a police sting targeting "mashers," young men who were loitering and making unwanted advancements towards female shoppers, at a Sixth Avenue department store.

What were Clevelanders doing 100 years ago today? If you guessed digging out of a snowstorm you would be correct.

A massive storm struck the Great Lakes region on Nov. 9 and lasted for two days. Cleveland area residents were left stranded without food and coal, the water supply was tainted, and transportation ground to a halt. Hospitals were forced to turn people away due to diminishing supplies while doctors performed operations by candlelight. The Cleveland Boy Scouts were enlisted to clear snow away from the city's fire plugs.

The Plain Dealer estimated that 100 died in the storm with undertakers unable to bury the deceased due the snowfall.

On Nov. 12, limited rail, phone, and telegraph services were restored to Cleveland residents. People in outlying communities faced worse conditions as they found themselves cut off from Cleveland supply lines and local businesses still shuttered.  Flooding and starvation were feared in areas such as East Cleveland, Bedford, Warrensville, Willoughby, Boston, Amherst, and Brecksville.

KarenMichelle Lane wrote:

Hmmmm - 11/12/1913 in History, looks amaxingly like the same old same old including the Politics....
The stories making headlines 100 years ago today highlighted
megalomaniacs
bent on
tyranny,
November snow
storms
and debates over urban living conditions - not
much
different from the headlines these days.

politicians debated if suburban or "country living" was the solution to the growing issues in urban areas, and local police were on the lookout for
nine missing billy goats
that were roaming the city.

ex-dictator of Nicaragua Gen. J. Santos, who was living in exile in Spain, eluded immigration authorities after arriving to New York by steamship. In other news,
eleven men were arrested in a police sting targeting "mashers,
" young men who were loitering and making unwanted advancements towards female shoppers, at a Sixth Avenue department store.

What were Clevelanders doing 100 years ago today? If you guessed digging out of a snowstorm you would be correct.

A massive storm struck
the Great Lakes region on Nov. 9 and lasted for two days. Cleveland area residents were left stranded without food and coal, the water supply was tainted, and transportation ground to a halt. Hospitals were forced to turn people away due to diminishing supplies while doctors performed operations by candlelight. The Cleveland Boy Scouts were enlisted to clear snow away from the city's fire plugs.

The Plain Dealer
estimated that 100 died in the storm
with undertakers unable to bury the deceased due the snowfall.

It's NOT my fault.  If you need someone to place the 'blame' with try Dresden. 

Madelaine McMasters wrote:

A few minutes ago I went out on the patio to witness 11/12/13 14:15:16.

Nothing happened.

:-(

Maybe the aliens are using English(UK) calendars and won't show up until December 11th?? :matte-motes-sunglasses-3:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3823 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.