Banned from region 1 day old....

Netrino1111

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3784 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I got banned from Skinny Dip Inn I think because of pee on a place with my organ up... I done worst things like put in it on wrong places cause i couldnt manipulate  the many options, i found them realy hard at start should i get ban for it too? 
I still dont know all the options of the game and use them just to know and got banned?
Realy ban a noob that just loged into?  What a community is this... Please let me know if this is forever 
And if this is fair for a new guy on Second Life !

From what I understand they're a bit easy on the trigger, so perhaps they don't care to be patient with newcomers unknowingly breaking their rules. Fairness is another topic, because as strict and even unfair as they might be, they have that right -and retribution for being so may well come in the form of less people visiting their place; on the other hand, and regardless of the strictness of their rules or its enforcement, having to deal with people breaking the rules (unknowingly or otherwise) is a more difficult task that you might be inclined to think right now.

In any case, it's not the end of the world for you. Skinny Dip Inn is but a place amongst many in Second Life, and if they're that draconian, do you really care to go back there at a later time? :smileywink:

if you think it's normal to walk around with a erected thingie....

if you think it is normal to pee just somewhere...

i guess it's unfair for your understanding but even for a newbie you could have thought ..hey i don't know how it works so i don't do use it in public.

It is artificial, but still a "thingie"... ... even on a nude beach it's often seen as pretty rude to have it erected.

For this kind of reasons some people close their land for accounts under a certain age.

If it's on somebody elses land, you can't do anything against it, but there are thousends of places you still can enter, so don't worry to much about it.

I'm an admin at an Adult Sim (nothing to do with the sim in question)  that attracts a lot of new residents, and we have a lot of visits from "griefers" -- people who disrupt other people's enjoyment for the fun of it.   One way they do this is to fly round deliberately doing what you say you did by accident.

We would always ask the person to stop, once or twice, in IMs, but if they didn't immediately comply, we'd permaban them, too.    The trouble is it's very easy for griefers to create new accounts to evade existing bans, and simply come back to make trouble, and people have no way of knowing if the avatar is someone who is genuinely new and having difficulties or someone who has created a throw-away disposable account.

You could send a polite notecard to the owner of the sim from which you've been banned, explaining your problem, apologising for the nuisance you caused, and asking to have the ban lifted.   That's up to the owner.

Or you could find other places to go, as has been suggested.

Or, since you can't have spent much money on no-transfer items as yet, you could simply create a new avatar and start over, trying not to get into trouble again this time.

Whatever you do, though, please, please, be very careful about accepting gifts from people when you aren't sure what the gift is.   Please, also, when you get a new item like this, read the notecard that comes with it and then test it out somewhere quiet where you can run scripts.     But please don't try it out at a crowded place like a club or welcome centre.   That's just asking for trouble.

Well first, welcome to SL....

Let me just say this...a sim owner is Lord and Master over their domain and can ban anyone, for any reason, at any time. Oh..you have red hair: BAN! Oh...you have funny looking eyes: BAN! You are too tall or too short: BAN! It really doesn't matter why they banned you, just know that they can.

Some sims do have rules against residents that are under 30 days old. That could be another reason for the ban. 

As stated before, you are more than welcome to send a notecard to the owner and ask for the ban to be lifted...whether or not it is done is up to them. You can plead until you're blue in the face and it won't make a bit of difference.

Since you are so new, you might want to spend your time trying to improve your avatar (new skin, shape, AO, clothes) and there are lots of places that offer free items for new residents.  Here is a good website to start with http://fabfree.wordpress.com/

My opinion is to forget about that place unless you have some sort of need to be there. Go out, explore, have fun, play with your appearance...it's a lot more fun than just going to some s*x sim.

Good luck.

Netrino1111 wrote:

I got banned from Skinny Dip Inn I think because of pee on a place with my organ up... I done worst things like put in it on wrong places cause i couldnt manipulate  the many options, i found them realy hard at start should i get ban for it too? 

I still dont know all the options of the game and use them just to know and got banned?

Realy ban a noob that just loged into?  
What a community is this... Please let me know if this is forever 

I wasn't aware that SL newbies had a genital organ?   From what I recall, the basic male avatar doesn't have an "organ" of that sort.  Which means you found one, attached it, and also found a nude place in SL....pretty darn quick.

But, that sim is just one place out of the whole grid, so explore other places in SL.  (I do recommend keeping your genital parts in your pants, or not at "erection" status, even in Adult sims, as that's not usually considered good manners for random exploring.

Celestiall Nightfire wrote:

Netrino1111 wrote:

Realy ban a noob that just loged into?  
What a community is this... Please let me know if this is forever 

I wasn't aware that SL newbies had a genital organ?   From what I recall, the basic male avatar doesn't have an "organ" of that sort.  Which means you found one, attached it, and also found a nude place in SL....pretty darn quick.

But, that sim is just one place out of the whole grid, so explore other places in SL.  (I do recommend keeping your genital parts in your pants, or not at "erection" status, even in Adult sims, as that's not usually considered good manners for random exploring.

Good point here. 

It took me about my entire first day just learning how to take off the dang underwear I was born with!

Finding my male appendage took me about my entire second day.  ;)

ETA, the third day was spent praying that the girls wouldn't laugh at it.

I used to work at a welcome hub and some of the staff there were very quick to assume that anyone naked, wearing an appendage, some other typical griefing attachment or just bumping into them were out to grief.

Some were but also as far as newcomers go, it was typically:-

1) Naked - struggling with inventory management, where are my clothes, how do I wear them?  Pie menu was great at "Take off all clothing" but not so good at wearing again.

2) Wearing an appendage - the default view is the BACK of the avatar, they were brand new, didn't know how to view themselves from the front so in many cases didn't know they were still on show.

3) Griefing attachments that they were usually given by some other moron who thought it was funny to watch them with something on their back humping them, which they didn't know how to stop.

4) Bumping - newbies that wanted to get a better view of you but simply didn't know how to cam around so would go forwards, turn bump, reverse, turn, forwards bump etc.

Unfortunately what the others have said are symptoms of people who have either encountered griefers or who simply have forgotten what it was like to be a newbie and the challenges that they face on day 1.

Pop a sincere notecard (and IM) to the owner and explain.  Either they'll understand and accept or they'll be a hard ass, nothing you can do about that.

Then we wonder why people turn away from SL with bad experiences.

Netrino,

I know the proprietors of Skinny Dip Inn and I don't believe they'd ban without good cause. If your priorities are such that donning genitals comes before learning the mechanics and etiquette of the new world you've entered, I believe you'll continue to have this kind of response.

Slow down, learn how SL works, take the temperature of a place before dipping in and I believe you'll get a better reception.

Sassy Romano wrote:

Unfortunately what the others have said are symptoms of people who have either encountered griefers
or who simply have forgotten what it was like to be a newbie and the challenges that they face on day 1.

I vividly remember my day one in SL! 

That's how I know the OP did things that most newbies don't do.  (on day one, or even week one) 

As I mentioned earlier, I am an admin at a group of sims that get a fair number of new residents visiting.   We certainly have problems with people getting into difficulties when trying to learn to manipulate the viewer controls, and that's even without griefers giving them stuff to wear.

Certainly, I'm always prepared to give people the benefit of the doubt, and ask them in IMs if they need help.    I would also normally simply eject people, with an IM telling them why and saying they're welcome back if they fix the problem first, but ultimately, it's a judgment call and a matter of the landowner's policy.

You dont want to go to that SIM anyway, they are unfriendly to both newcomers and older avatars. I was ejected from there because the host could still see my mesh even though it had been removed and she was the only one seeing it. There are much better places to go and places that are WILLING to sit and talk with new people to help them out. I also find it fairly silly that a NUDE BEACH would not be listed as an ADULT sim. So, just don't go back, find a better place.

• 3 months later...

tashalb99 wrote:

But, how can i protect myself from bann in this site?

Grow old.

The thing is, it's the region owner that is protecting themself from you, not the other way around.  Some places choose not to have people visit who are what they consider too young in SL age.  There's nothing that you can do about it, nothing has been done "to you" that you need to protect yourself from.

Just be a bit older and try again.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 3784 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.